It's all about the seasoning! These quick and easy Air Fryer Potato Wedges are the perfect side dish to any meal but hearty enough to be a meal of their own!
A FLAVORFUL AIR FRYER SIDE DISH
If you haven't noticed I have been posting a lot of air fryer recipes lately and y'all seem to be loving them too! This kitchen appliance is absolutely amazing once you get the hang of it. I'm a huge potato lover and these Air Fryer Potato Wedges are a fun and quick recipe. You don't even need to peel the potatoes first! With an absolutely delicious seasoning, these potatoes are the perfect flavor and you will want to keep making them over and over again. If you are looking for that perfect potato recipe to make in your air fryer, then this Air Fryer Potato Wedge recipe is for you!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Absolutely, it is always recommended to spray with an olive oil cooking spray. Olive oil spray seems to be the best since it doesn't make the basket sticky or gum up the air fryer basket.
In this particular recipe, I tested it and it took about 18-20 minutes in my basket air fryer. I only test recipes in basket air fryers since they are the most popular and most purchased air fryers by consumers. If you have a different style of air fryer, cooking time will probably vary. You will want to check the wedges in the last few minutes of cooking to make sure that they cooked through and crispy. If you want them extra crispy, you can add a few more minutes onto the cooking time.
I like to use russet potatoes for this recipe but you can use Yukon gold or red potatoes if you'd like. Just keep an eye on your cooking time because it will probably vary depending on the size and variety of potato you use.
Absolutely! You are going to want to cook them in the air fryer first. Then top them with cheese and bacon and pop back into the air fryer until the cheese is melted. Finally, top with sliced green onion when serving. Serve with sour cream on the side! It makes a fabulous appetizer!
These can be kept in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days. When ready to eat, reheat in a preheated air fryer at 400°F for 2-3 mins.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- russet potatoes
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- smoked paprika
- black pepper
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER POTATO WEDGES:
Slice potatoes in half and then each half into large wedges. Add potato wedges into a large bowl and add olive oil. Toss to coat
In a small bowl combine all the spices.
Add the spice mix to the potatoes and toss to coat completely.
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F and spray the basket with olive oil cooking spray. Add the potato wedges to the basket, making sure they are not touching each other. You will have to cook these in batches.
Cook potatoes for 18-20 minutes, shaking the fries halfway through the cooking process. Continue with the rest of the wedges.
Serve warm topped with freshly chopped garlic and grated parmesan. Or just serve with some KETCHUP!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
- AIR FRYER POTATOES AND SAUSAGE MEAL
- AIR FRYER HAMBURGERS
- AIR FRYER BAKED POTATOES
- AIR FRYER RED POTATOES
- AIR FRYER LOADED CHICKEN AND POTATOES
- HOMEMADE TATER TOTS
- RANCH SMASHED POTATOES
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- 4 russet potatoes unpeeled, washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Optional to serve: freshly chopped parsley grated parmesan, ketchup etc.
- Chop potatoes into half and then each half into large wedges.
- Add potato wedges into a large bowl and add olive oil. Toss to coat.
- In a small bowl combine all the spices.
- Add the spice mix to the potatoes and toss to coat completely.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400°F and spray the basket with cooking spray.
- Add the potato wedges to the basket, making sure they are not touching each other. You will have to cook in batches.
- Cook potatoes for 18-20 minutes, shaking the fries halfway through the cooking.
- Serve warm topped with freshly chopped garlic, grated parmesan and dipped in ketchup or other favorite dip etc.
- Add more salt and pepper to your liking.
- You can spice these up by adding cayenne or red pepper flakes.
- Easily double this recipe to serve more.
- Make sure to cook in batches to not over crowd the air fryer basket.
- Do not forget to spray the air fryer really well with olive oil cooking spray before adding potato wedges.
- Try topping with melted cheese, chopped bacon and sliced green onions for "loaded potato wedges."