Quick, easy and juicy, these Air Fryer Hamburgers are the perfect way to cook your favorite sandwich all year round – no grill needed!
A TASTY AIR FRYER BURGER RECIPE
I’m truly convinced you can literally make anything in an air fryer! These Air Fryer Hamburgers are a super fun and easy recipe that make a great meal for lunch or dinner. No need for a grill or even a frying pan that causes grease splatter! They come out perfectly moist and flavorful and have quickly become one of my favorite ways to make my burgers. With minimal time, they really cook up quickly and you can have dinner to the table in no time. If you are looking for an alternative way to cook your hamburgers, then you need to make this Air Fryer Hamburger recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
It takes about 10-12 minutes to fully cook in the air fryer. You can double check with an instant read thermometer. Burgers are done when the center reaches 160 degrees F.
I like to use a leaner ground beef at least 85/15 to reduce the grease.
We are cooking these at 370 degrees. The air fryer also needs to be preheated so that these will cook evenly and quicker.
Yes, just like a normal method of cooking hamburgers we will be flipping these halfway through the cooking process.
If you have any leftovers they can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container where they will keep for up to 3-4 days. These can also be frozen, place cooled hamburgers in a freezer container or bag and they will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. To thaw, remove from the freezer and you can reheat in the microwave until heated through.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- ground beef
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- cheddar cheese
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER HAMBURGERS:
Preheat the air fryer to 370F degrees. In a large bowl, add the ground beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Gently mix together. Shape the beef into 4 patties. Add a little dent in the center of each patty and place them into the preheated air fryer.
Cook for 6 minutes, open the air fryer and flip the patty to the other side and cook for another 4-6 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
When they have cooked to your desired doneness, open the air fryer and add a slice of cheese onto each patty. Close the air fryer and let the cheese melt for an additional minute.
Remove the patties from the air fryer, place them on buns, and add your favorite toppings.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Preheat the air fryer to 370F degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the 1 pound ground beef, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and ¼ teaspoon onion powder. Gently mix together.
- Shape the beef into 4 patties. Add a little dent in the center of each patty and place them into the preheated air fryer.
- Cook for 6 minutes, open the air fryer and flip the patty to the other side and cook for another 4-6 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- When they have cooked to your desired doneness, open the air fryer and add 4 slices cheddar cheese onto the patties. Close the air fryer and let the cheese melt for an additional minute.
- Remove the patties from the air fryer, place them on buns, and add your favorite toppings.
- Top with your favorite toppings.
- Make sure not to overcrowd your air fryer, this should be able to accomodate 4 hamburgers.
- Use your favorite cheese as topping.
- These can be frozen, see my tips on how to do this above.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.