Air Fryer Loaded Chicken and Potatoes is a meal in one! Chicken, potatoes mixed with seasonings and topped with melted cheese and bacon!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by The Little Potato Company. All opinions and text are my own.
AIR FRYER LOADED CHICKEN AND POTATOES
I am bringing you another easy and delicious air fryer meal-in-one! I have received amazing feedback since posting the recipe for AIR FRYER POTATOES & SAUSAGE MEAL! Mostly, folks were telling me they loved being able to make an entire meal in the air fryer and not just a side dish. So, I grabbed another bag of Little Potatoes and got to work on another recipe.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS WELL WITH LITTLE POTATOES:
- If you are interested in gluten-free meals, this is it! Did you know Little potatoes are gluten-free and are a good source of dietary fiber?
- No peeling required! Little potatoes are already pre-washed too.
- What goes better with chicken than potatoes! You can season Little potatoes with the same exact seasonings as the chicken and the flavor of the Creamer potato will still shine through.
- The air fryer loves Little potatoes. I have absolutely loved creating recipes using these potatoes They hold up so well in the air fryer and they come out perfect every time!
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS AIR FRYER MEAL:
- If you are using large chicken breasts, you’ll only need two for this recipe
- Potatoes will be fork tender when done and chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165f degrees.
- Make sure to occasionally shake the basket while cooking. This will help to ensure that everything gets evenly cooked.
- Add additional veggies that your family loves. Broccoli, green peppers and cauliflower work wonderful in this.
- Mix up the seasoning for variety. Instead of the seasoned salt, try using a RANCH DRESSING MIX or TACO SEASONING!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Dynamic Duo varietal of Little Potatoes
shredded cheddar cheese
cooked bacon pieces
sliced green onion
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER LOADED CHICKEN & POTATOES (STEP-BY-STEP):
Slice Little potatoes in half. Then cut up onion into large chunks.Next, dice chicken up into 1-inch chunks.Place potatoes, onion and chicken into a gallon-size zip top bag. Pour in oil, seasoned salt, garlic powder and black pepper.Seal up bag and move potatoes and onions around until they are thoroughly coated in oil and seasoning.Spray the basket of a 6-quart air fryer with nonstick cooking spray. Pour coated potatoes, onions and chicken into basket. Cook at 400f degrees for about 20 minutes. Shake the mixture about halfway through.After cooking, sprinkle cheese on top of cooked potatoes and chicken. Then add the bacon on top. Close air fryer and cook for another 5 minutes (at 400f degrees.)Once cheese is melted, top with sliced green onions. Then serve.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
ONE PAN POTATO SAUSAGE BAKE
CROCK POT GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN
AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED SHRIMP
ONE PAN REEK LEMON CHICKEN & POTATOES
SHEET PAN CHICKEN PARMESAN & POTATOES
CROCK POT CREAMY HERBED FINGERLING POTATOES
CROCK POT CHICKEN & STUFFING DINNER
CHICKEN POT PIE BISCUIT CUPS
AIR FRYER LOADED CHICKEN AND POTATOES
- 1.5 lbs Dynamic Duo varietal of Little Potatoes
- 1 lb chicken breasts (about 2-3 chicken breasts)
- 1 small onion
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked bacon pieces
- 3 green onions, sliced for serving
- Slice Little potatoes in half. Then cut up onion into large chunks.
- Next, dice chicken up into 1-inch chunks.
- Place potatoes, onionand chicken into a gallon-size zip top bag. Pour in oil, seasoned salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Seal up bag and move potatoes and onions around until they are thoroughly coated in oil and seasoning.
- Spray the basket of a 6-quart air fryer with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour coated potatoes, onions and chicken into basket. Cook at 400f degrees for about 20 minutes. Shake the mixture about halfway through.
- After cooking, sprinkle cheese on top of cooked potatoes and chicken. Then add the bacon on top. Close air fryer and cook for another 5 minutes (at 400f degrees.)
- Once cheese is melted, top with sliced green onions. Then serve.