Air Fryer Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Bites is a fun and easy dessert recipe! Cream cheese wrapped dough balls rolled in spiced sugar!
A DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE AIR FRYER DESSERT
I'm having a little too much fun making little crescent roll desserts in my air fryer. You can pretty much wrap up anything in crescent roll dough and pop it into the air fryer to cook. Seriously, try wrapping up a Double Stuf Oreo cookie in some crescent roll dough, cook it in the air fryer, then tell me it isn't absolutely heavenly!
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS DESSERT IN AN AIR FRYER:
- The main tip for cooking/baking in an air fryer is to make sure there is space between the food you are cooking. If there isn't proper air flow around the food, it's going to cook unevenly. The air needs to flow around all sides of the food.
- If you can find the crescent roll dough sheets instead of the individual crescent rolls then definitely use that. It'll make it easier to work with for this recipe.
- This is a fun dessert to play around with. It's a great sweet treat anytime of year. Just skip the pumpkin spice if you prefer and just roll the fried dough balls in cinnamon and sugar.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- crescent roll dough
- cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- granulated sugar
- PUMPKIN PIE SPICE
- ground cinnamon
HOW TO MAKE PUMPKIN SPICE CREAM CHEESE BITES:
Seal the perforations on the crescent dough and cut dough into 16 equal-sized squares. Mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth.
Divide the filling evenly into each square of dough (only 4 squares are pictured here.)
Wrap the dough around the filling and roll into a ball making sure there are no open seams.
Preheat air fryer to 350F degrees. Spray air fryer basket with just a spritz of nonstick cooking spray. Place 4-5 dough balls in the air fryer basket at a time. Make sure the dough balls are not touching each other. Air fry for about 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining bites.
Meanwhile mix the sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin spice in a shallow bowl. Roll the bites in the cinnamon sugar while they are warm so the sugar mixture sticks (if you have trouble getting the cinnamon sugar to stick just spritz them lightly with oil.) Serve warm.
CRAVING MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Air Fryer Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Bites
- 8 ounce tube crescent roll dough
- 4 ounce (½ block) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Seal the perforations on the crescent roll dough and cut dough into 16 equal-sized squares.
- Mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until well smooth.
- Divide the filling evenly onto each square of dough.
- Wrap the dough around the filling and roll into a ball making sure there are no open seams.
- Preheat air fryer to 350F degrees. Spray air fryer basket with just a spritz of nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 4-5 dough balls in the air fryer basket at a time. Make sure the dough balls are not touching each other.
- Air fry for about 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining bites.
- Meanwhile, mix the sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin spice in a shallow bowl.
- Roll the bites in the cinnamon sugar while they are still warm so the sugar mixture sticks. If you have trouble getting the cinnamon sugar to stick just spritz them lightly with oil.
- Serve warm.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Kathleen McCormick OKelly
Looks so easy my husband is going to try these two so far the recipes I see from you I want to try them all LOL
Angela D McQueen
Hi, how long to reheat them in air fryer?
I don’t have an air fryer. Could these be made another way. They look great.
Brandie @ The Country Cook
I only tested this recipe in the air fryer but you could certainly bake them in the oven at 350f degrees. I don't have an exact timing for you but I would say perhaps 10 minutes. Just keep an eye on them.