These Stovetop Brussel Sprouts with Bacon are a bit crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Seasoned with garlic and thyme!
BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH BACON RECIPE
I always have trouble with coming up with side dish recipes. I'm great with main dishes, but figuring out what to make to eat with those main dishes is always a challenge for me. But I always figure you can't go wrong with something green cooked in bacon fat.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS SIDE DISH:
- These little vegetables are pretty dense so covering them up while cooking will help them steam so they become more tender. Searing them in the bacon fat will make the edges brown and crispy. So you get the best of both worlds.
- When shopping for these little green cabbages, you want them to be bright green and wrapped really tight. Remove any loose leaves before cooking.
HOW TO MAKE BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH BACON:
In a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook the bacon until crispy, set aside, and leave the drippings in the pan. While the bacon is cooking, trim the stems off the brussel sprouts and cut them in half lengthwise.Add the brussel sprouts, garlic, thyme (if using), salt and pepper to the pan.Sear the brussel sprouts, allowing them to sit in the pan and tossing every minute or so until slightly charred over medium-low heat (about 8-10 minutes.)Add the stock to the pan, scrape any brown bits off the bottom of the pan.Cover and reduce the heat to low, and cook for 5 minutes until tender-crisp. Uncover and allow any excess liquid to cook-off. Finish with the butter, taste, and adjust seasoning if needed.Chop the bacon and add it to the pan, stir to mix in and serve.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
COLLARD GREENS WITH HAM BONE
RANCH ROASTED POTATOES
ITALIAN GREEN BEANS
KOREAN-STYLE STICKY POTATOES
MAPLE GLAZED CARROTS
TATER GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
BALSAMIC GLAZED BRUSSEL SPROUTS
BACON GARLIC GREEN BEANS
INSTANT POT BACON GREEN BEANS & POTATOES
HONEY ROASTED PUMPKIN SALAD
THE BEST SCALLOPED POTATOES
BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH BACON
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 lb fresh brussel sprouts
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 rsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook the bacon until crispy, set aside, and leave the drippings in the pan.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low, and cook for 5 minutes until tender-crisp.
- Uncover and allow any excess liquid to cook-off.
- When shopping for brussel sprouts, you want them to be bright green and wrapped really tight. Remove any loose leaves before cooking.