Green Bean Casserole…with a twist!
I always have a lot of fun when I am challenged to come up with a recipe twist. It gets the ole creative juices flowing, and if I’m lucky, I get a new recipe to share with y’all. I teamed up with Del Monte® to re-imagine the green bean casserole. Now, we all love our favorite traditional recipe, right? But sometimes it’s fun to change it up (just a little) to surprise your friends and family with something they never knew they were missing out on! So I went with a recipe that will not only be good for your holiday meals but you can also add some ground beef to this and it becomes an easy weeknight meal. Boom!
With Del Monte®, you can feel good about feeding your family with Garden Quality® vegetables straight from the farm to your table. In fact, according to Del Monte, nearly 30 million families are expected to make classic green bean casserole this year (raises hand – I’ll be one of them!) That’s a lot of green beans, y’all. 😉
Del Monte® is launching a nationwide call for America to vote on their favorite holiday classic, the Green Bean Casserole. Visit Del Monte’s “Pick A Side” Sweepstakes on Facebook for your chance to win a #CasseroleCravings kit and $1,000 cash! So pretty please will you vote for this recipe? I don’t win anything but YOU might!! And I sure would love to have one of my Country Cook friends win!
2 cans (10.5 oz. each) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 bag (28 oz.) frozen O’Brien potatoes
2 cans (14.5 oz. each) any style Del Monte® Green Beans, drained
1 container (6 oz.) French’s® Crispy Fried Onions, divided (2 2/3 cups)
2 cups shredded cheese, divided
Cook’s Notes: O’Brien potatoes are finely diced potatoes, onions and peppers found in the freezer section of your grocery store near the hash brown potatoes. Use any cream soup you enjoy, such as cream of chicken or cream of potato. To make this side dish a meal, add 1 lb. cooked ground beef or ground turkey in Step 1.
Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, whisk together soup, milk, garlic salt and black pepper. Stir in frozen potatoes, green beans, 1 1/3 cup onions and 1 cup cheese.
Then serve! A perfect twist on the classic green bean casserole!
- 2 10.5 oz cans Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 28 oz bag frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 2 14.5 oz cans any style Del Monte® Green Beans drained
- 1 6 oz container French's® Crispy Fried Onions divided
- 2 cups shredded cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, whisk together soup, milk, garlic salt and black pepper. Stir in frozen potatoes, green beans, 1 1/3 cup onions and 1 cup cheese.
- Pour mixture into a 13x9-inch baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and 1 1/3 cups onions.
- Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and onions are lightly browned.
· O'Brien potatoes are finely diced potatoes, onions and peppers found in the freezer section of your grocery store near the hash brown potatoes.
· Use any cream soup you enjoy, such as cream of chicken or cream of potato.
· To make this side dish a meal, add 1 lb. cooked ground beef or ground turkey in Step 1.