This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Eggland’s Best eggs. The opinions and text are all mine.
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
- 1/2 bag frozen tater tots
- 12 eggs
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- sliced green onions, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer frozen tater tots in a single layer on the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs until smooth.
- Stir in onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix in crumbled bacon.
- Then stir in *1 cup* shredded cheese.
- I'm using a colby/cheddar jack mixture here.
- Pour egg mixture over tater tots.
- Make sure the egg mixture is spread out all on the bottom.
- Then add remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese to the top.
- Bake uncovered for about 35-40 minutes.
- The egg mixture should be fully cooked and no longer jiggly.
- If you'd like, garnish with a little sliced green onion.