When it comes to the usual breakfast routine, this easy and fun Breakfast Crescent Ring is a wonderful switch-up from the ordinary. Filled with tater tots, eggs, sausage, bacon and cheese!
A FUN BREAKFAST IDEA
I've said many times before that I love savory breakfasts and so I enjoy playing around with different savory breakfast ideas. I have made some other crescent ring recipes in the past and I thought why not try one for breakfast? Behold the ultimate Breakfast Crescent Ring! Filled to the brim with all of your favorite breakfast foods, this breakfast crescent ring is easy, filling and perfect for the whole family! It doesn't take much time to throw together but it looks so impressive. A wonderful addition to your brunch as well. Once you make this, I think you'll be wanting to make this Breakfast Crescent Ring recipe over and over again!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
You can fill this with whatever you like as long as you are able to make sure that the crescent rolls are able to close. Some ideas include chopped ham, peppers, onions, mushrooms, fried potatoes, etc.
Any breakfast gravy is great for this, I like to use my Homemade Sausage Gravy, but you can also use a can of Libby's Sausage Gravy to make it quicker!
No you do not. You can just brush with melted butter if you'd like or even add some more cheese to the top to melt while baking.
If you want to cut the down on the prep time, you can use already cooked bacon and sausage crumbles. Just make sure that you use as much as the recipe calls for.
Not all the way. They need to be warmed though (as in no longer frozen). They will finish baking in the oven. I will usually just put them in my air fryer for a few minutes to warm because I like them crispy.
This Breakfast Crescent Ring Recipe can be stored in an airtight container or ziptop bag in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave before serving.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- crescent rolls
- tater tots
- breakfast sausage
- colby jack cheese
- poppy seeds
- breakfast gravy, for dipping
HOW TO MAKE A BREAKFAST CRESCENT RING:
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray. Place a small bowl in the center of the paper (the crescent ring will not cook with the bowl, we are just using it as a reference and so the hole is big enough for the bowl when you stick it back in the center for your gravy when serving). Open cans of crescent rolls and separate them. Lay one down with the wider side near the base of the bowl. Place a second one down slightly overlapping the first one. Continue around the bowl with the rest of the crescent rolls, forming a sun shape.
Place tater tots in a circle next to each other around the wide edge of the rolls and bowl.
Next spoon scrambled eggs in a circle around the tater tots.
Evenly spread sausage and bacon over the tots and eggs.
Next, sprinkle the cheese over the meat.
Pull the outside corner of each crescent roll over the eggs and meat and tuck under the inside. Make sure to tuck well so when it bakes it will stay in place. Continue pulling the rolls over and tucking them under until all the rolls are finished and a ring has formed and remove the bowl from the center.
Brush melted butter over the rolls and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
Place in the oven and bake in the middle rack for 20 minutes. Check rolls, they may need an additional 5 minutes.
Remove from the oven and slice. Serve with gravy.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
BREAKFAST CRESCENT ROLL
- 16 ounces (2 cans) crescent rolls (each can should have 8 rolls in each can - totalling 16)
- 22-24 tater tots, warmed
- 6 large eggs, scrambled
- ½ pound breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 4 slices cooked bacon sliced ¼ inch pieces
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 2 Tablespoons salted butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds optional
- breakfast gravy, for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with non-stick spray.
- Place a small bowl in the center of the paper. Open cans of crescent rolls and separate them. Lay one down with the wide side near the base of the bowl. Place a second one slightly overlapping the first one.
- Continue around the bowl with rest of the crescent rolls, forming a sun shape.
- Place a single circle of tater tots next to each other around the wide edge of the rolls and near the bowl.
- Next evenly spoon scrambled eggs around the circle of tater tots.
- Spread sausage and bacon evenly over the tots and eggs.
- Next sprinkle the cheese evenly over the meat.
- Pull the pointed outside corner of each roll over the eggs and meat and tuck under the inside. Make sure to tuck well so when it bakes it will stay in place.
- Continue pulling the rolls over and tucking them under until all the rolls are finished and a ring has formed. Remove the bowl from the center.
- Brush melted butter over the rolls and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Place in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20 minutes. Check rolls, they may need an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and slice. Serve with gravy.
- Nutritional value does not include breakfast gravy.
- You can make your own homemade sausage gravy (recipe linked above) or you can use a can of Libby's Sausage Gravy.
- You can add additional items to this such as vegetables, etc.
- If you don't like poppy seeds you can omit them and just brush with butter or top with more cheese.
- You can use pre-cooked bacon and sausage crumbles