Wham Bam Pie Crust is the easiest pie crust ever! No rolling pins, no cold butter and no fuss but you still get a tender and flaky pie crust!
WHAM BAM PIE CRUST
NO ROLLING PIN, NO COLD BUTTER, NO TRICKS
TIPS FOR MAKING THE EASIEST PIE CRUST
HOW TO MAKE WHAM BAM PIE CRUST:
In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt. Stir in oil and water.
Mix until combined. Then form it into a ball.
Spray your pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. It’s not really necessary but I just want to doubly make sure there is no sticking and it makes this dough just a bit easier to spread in the dish.
TO PRE-BAKE: Poke crust with a fork, all over the inside of the crust (so it doesn’t puff up too much while baking). Or if you have beans, you can line your crust on top with foil and then put beans inside to weigh it down to keep it from puffing up. Then bake at 400F degrees for about 10-15 minutes (maybe a tad longer). It should be golden in color.
Originally published: September 2012
Updated & republished: October 2019
WHAM BAM PIE CRUST
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp water
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Stir in oil and water.
- Mix until combined.
- Then form it into a ball.
- Spray your pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Put the ball of dough in the middle of your pie dish.
- And start pushing down on your ball of dough and begin spreading it towards the sides.
- Do as best as you can to evenly pull it up the sides.
- You'll want plenty of dough up the sides too so you can crimp it at the top edge.
- You can even get in there with your knuckles if you need to.
- Make sure you also press down into the bottom rim of the pan too to spread out the dough and so it's not too thick.
- And then you can start to go around and crimp the top edges of the crust.
- Once it’s ready, fill with your favorite filling and bake according to your pie’s directions.
It's rustic and it's homemade. It should look that way.