1 (9-inch pie) premade pie crust or Make Your Own
Butter Crumble Apple Pie
- 1 9-inch pre-made pie crust or Make Your Own
- For the filling:
- 6 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- For the butter crumble topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 8 tbsp butter (1 stick) room temperature
- If using the Wham Bam Pie crust, make that first and then pop the crust in the fridge while making the filling.
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- In a bowl, combine sliced apples with flour, sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Give it all a good stir to make sure all the apple slices are thoroughly coated.
- Put apple filling into the pie crust.
- Making sure you spread it out and all the apple pieces are lying flat.
- To make the crumble, in a bowl, combine, flour and sugar. Then add in softened butter.
- Using a large fork, combine the flour mixture with the butter until it looks crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture all over the top of the pie.
- Bake in the center rack of your oven for about 45 minutes until apples are soft and top is golden brown.
If using the Wham Bam Pie crust, make that first and then pop the crust in the fridge while making the filling.
Slice (and if necessary warm each slice in the microwave for a few seconds) and serve with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream.