These Easy Apple Dumplings are made with crescent rolls, cinnamon, butter, sugar and lemon lime soda. The flavor is amazing!
EASY FRESH APPLE DUMPLINGS
CAN I USE PEACHES INSTEAD OF APPLES?
Absolutely! Peaches work perfect in this dessert. Check out my recipe for FRESH PEACH DUMPLINGS! This recipe is just so easy and you only need one apple for 4 servings or two apples for 8 servings. And the crescent rolls take on a whole nutha flavor when combined with the cinnamon and butter. My husband just loves this because he loves apple desserts and I love it because it is easy peasy! Just double the recipe and use a 9x13 pan for 8 servings.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
lemon lime soda (Sprite or Mountain Dew)
HOW TO MAKE EASY FRESH APPLE DUMPLINGS:
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray an 8-inch square pan with nonstick spray.
Peel and core apple. Cut apple into 8 slices.Unroll tube of crescent rolls and separate into 8 pieces.
Add one apple slice.
Now take soda and pour it around the edges of the crescent rolls.
WANT MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
EASY APPLE DUMPLINGS
- 1 green apple (Granny Smith or Golden Delicious)
- 1 (8 oz) tube crescent rolls
- ½ cup (1 stick) salted butter, melted
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon (more, to taste)
- 1 ½ tbsp flour
- ¾ cup lemon lime soda (Sprite or Mountain Dew)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray an 8-inch square pan with nonstick spray.
- Cut apple into 8 slices. Peel and core apple.
- Unroll tube of crescent rolls and separate into 8 pieces.
- On each roll, sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon. Add one apple slice.
- Roll it up in a nice little bundle. Continue with the next 7 rolls the same way.
- Place all 8 dumplings into a single layer in baking dish.
- Mix together melted butter with sugar, vanilla and flour.
- Pour butter mixture on top of crescent rolls.
- Pour soda around the edges of the crescent rolls.
- Sprinkle tops with a bit more cinnamon.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.
Originally published: September 2011
Updated & republished: June 2019