Disclosure: I was not paid to write this post but I was given a free cookbook to review by Gooseberry Patch. Update: This post originally offered a cookbook giveaway. That giveaway is now over.
Easy Sopapilla Cheesecake
What are sopapillas?
Cream Cheese Crescent Bars
2 (8 oz.) tubes refrigerated crescent rolls (or crescent roll dough sheets)
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar (can use light brown sugar or white sugar)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Easy Sopapilla Cheesecake is made with crescent roll dough, cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. A deliciously easy dessert!
- 2 8 oz tubes refrigerated crescent rolls (or crescent roll dough sheets)
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar (light brown or white)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray (I like the kind that has flour in it).
- Unroll one tube of crescent rolls and layer in bottom of pan, pressing seams together.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, brown (or white) sugar and vanilla until blended.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over bottom layer of crescent rolls.
- Layer remaining crescent rolls on top.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake, uncovered for 30-40 minutes, until bottom layer turns golden.