This Apple Dessert Pizza is a quick dessert that everyone loves! Pizza crust, apple pie filling, crumble topping and a sweet icing drizzle.
EASY APPLE DESSERT PIZZA
This dessert pizza used to be a favorite of mine at Pizza Hut when I was a kid. I would get my free "Book-It" pizza (earned by reading lots of books) and then grab a couple of slices of the dessert pizza off the buffet. So, I figured I would try to re-create that favorite apple pie pizza!
CAN I USE DIFFERENT PIE FILLINGS?
- The beauty of this dessert pizza is how many options you have. You're only limited to the number of canned pie fillings you can find. Blueberry, Blackberry, Lemon, Cherry, Strawberry, Peach...you name it.
- The only small change you would make would be in the crumb topping. For this apple dessert pizza, I add ground cinnamon to the crumb topping. I probably wouldn't use the cinnamon with any other pie fillings except for maybe the peach. And with the peach I would cut back the cinnamon to only a teaspoon. I absolutely love cinnamon with apple but you can certainly make it to the taste that your family loves.
- Try making this with a homemade pizza dough like I do in my recipe for CHERRY DESSERT PIZZA.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
HOW TO MAKE EASY APPLE DESSERT PIZZA:
CRAVING MORE? GIVE THESE RECIPES A TRY!
EASY APPLE DESSERT PIZZA
- 1 premade thin pizza crust
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 4 tbsp butter softened to room temperature
- ⅔ cups brown sugar
- ⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Take crust out of package and place on round baking sheet.
- Open your can of pie filling and get in there with a sharp knife and pull the knife back and forth across the apples. This will chop them up and give you more apple filling across your whole pizza.
- Spread the apple pie filling evenly on the pizza crust.
- In a bowl, combine softened butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon until crumbly. You can use a fork, a pastry cutter or your hands to do this.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping all over the apple filling.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until heated through and crumb topping is slightly browned.
- While pizza is cooling, start making the icing. Whisk together powdered sugar and milk. Add milk slowly until you get the consistency you like. Drizzle icing all across pizza.
- Using a sharp pizza cutter, slice up your pizza and serve!
Originally published: May 2012
Updated & republished: May 2020