I love easy
I think my most favorite recipes to share here on the Country Cook are dessert recipes. And if you’ve followed this website for a while, you’ve probably noticed. And I especially love when I can share an easy dessert. I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before but it’s worth repeating again. I’m not the most patient cook/baker. And I’m definitely not the neatest. Everyone in my house knows when Momma has been in the kitchen. So after making a mess in my kitchen just trying to make supper, I like it when I can still make a dessert but not pile up a bunch of dishes or exhaust myself in the process. This will look like it took you all kinds of time to whip up, but a few shortcuts make all the difference.
Easy Apple Dessert Pizza
- 1 premade thin pizza crust
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 4 tbsp butter softened to room temperature
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Take crust out of package and place on round baking sheet.
- Open your can of pie filling and get in there with a sharp knife and pull the knife back and forth across the apples. This will chop them up and give you more apple filling across your whole pizza.
- Spread the apple pie filling evenly on the pizza crust.
- In a bowl, combine softened butter, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon until crumbly. You can use a fork, a pastry cutter or your hands to do this.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping all over the apple filling.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until heated through and crumb topping is slightly browned.
- While pizza is cooling, start making the icing. Whisk together powdered sugar and milk. Add milk slowly until you get the consistency you like. Drizzle icing all across pizza.
- Using a sharp pizza cutter, slice up your pizza and serve!