Like apple pie but easier!
Want to make apple pie for friends and family who are coming over but don’t want to go through all the fuss of making a homemade pie? This caramel apple dip is for you. Next to buying a frozen pie, this doesn’t get much simpler. And who doesn’t love a good, sweet dip?
Crock Pot Caramel Apple Dip
It is a perfect party food for your upcoming holiday parties or tailgating fun. AND, I also show you how to make Homemade Cinnamon Chips! Woot!
for the dip:
5 cups peeled & finely diced granny smith apples
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 (15 oz.) container caramel dip, divided use
For the cinnamon chips:
10 flour tortilla shells
2 tbsp. melted butter
cinnamon sugar (4 tbsp. sugar & 1 tsp. cinnamon)Directions:
Sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar mixture. Next, cut the tortillas into triangles (using a pizza cutter or a knife).Bake for about 8-10 minutes until light, golden brown. Allow to cool. Then dig into caramel apple dip!
Where can I get that crock pot?
Crock Pot Caramel Apple DipPrint Pin Rate
- for the dip:
- 5 cups peeled & finely diced granny smith apples
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 15 oz container caramel dip divided use
- for the cinnamon chips:
- 10 flour tortilla shells
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- cinnamon sugar 4 tbsp. sugar mixed with 1 tsp. cinnamon
- For the dip: Add chopped apples into a 3-quart (or larger) slow cooker and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Spoon 3/4 of the caramel dip (save the rest for later) on top of the apples. Stir until combined.
- Cover and cook on high for 1-1.5 hours or low for 2-3 hours
- For the cinnamon chips: Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
- Spray a couple of cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place tortilla shells onto the cookie sheets then spread the melted butter onto each tortilla shell with a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Cut the tortillas into triangles (using a pizza cutter or a knife.)
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes until light, golden brown. Allow to cool.