Homemade Crock Pot Ultimate Party Meatballs are easily made from scratch with the most delicious sauce and is made right in your slow cooker!
CROCK POT ULTIMATE PARTY MEATBALLS RECIPE
TIPS FOR MAKING THESE HOMEMADE MEATBALLS:
- For this recipe, I am making a homemade meatball. You can make these meatballs in advance and freeze them. Just put the meatballs on a tray in a single layer. Then put the tray in the freezer. Once they are frozen, you can pack them up in a freezer safe bag and then when ready, put them in the crock pot with the sauce and cook for about 4-6 hours (it takes a little longer for them to cook from frozen.)
- It's important to use lean ground beef (90/10) for this dish. You don't want the meat to release a lot of fat while cooking. We don't want greasy meatballs here. Pork is naturally lean so it works well in this.
- If you don't have one of these casserole crock pots, just put down a single layer of meatballs at a time. Add a sheet of aluminum foil on top of each layer, followed by a single layer of meatballs. Once meatballs are fully cooked, remove the foil layers and give the meatballs a stir to cover them all in the sauce and allow the meatballs to simmer in the sauce for an additional hour.
- For this particular recipe, I chose to make a larger meatball. Most cocktail meatballs are half this size. However, I'll be totally honest, I have no patience for rolling out meatballs. So I figured I would make these larger ones and each one would be perfect for two or three bites. You can certainly use a smaller scoop and you would be able to double the amount of meatballs.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
For the meatballs:
lean ground beef (90/10)
salt & pepper
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE CROCK POT PARTY MEATBALLS:
I find this easiest to use a stand mixer. I just pop all the ingredients into the bowl and turn it on low until combined. However, using your hands works just as good.Stir until fully combined.Before rolling the meatballs, pour the chili sauce and jelly into a 6 quart (or larger slow cooker.) Note: I am using a 3.5 quart casserole slow cooker. I like it because it has a lot of surface area to work with and is perfect for meatballs.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
EASY CRANBERRY BRIE BITES
KUNG PAO CAULIFLOWER
CREAM CHEESE SAUSAGE BALLS
GLAZED KIELBASA BITES
CROCK POT SWEET & SOUR MEATBALLS
CROCK POT SWEDISH MEATBALLS
CROCK POT MEATBALLS WITH MARINARA
CROCK POT GLAZED PARTY MEATBALLS
MEATBALL SUB ON A STICK
CROCK POT MEATBALL STROGANOFF
CROCK POT ULTIMATE PARTY MEATBALLS
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb lean ground beef 90/10
- 1 lb lean ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
For the sauce:
- 1 12 oz jar chili sauce
- 1 10.5 oz jar hot pepper jelly or red pepper jelly
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Stir until full combined.
- Before rolling the meatballs, pour the chili sauce and jelly into a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Using a spring-loaded cookie scooper, scoop out the meat mixture and roll between your hands to make them round.
- A medium scoop holds 3 tbsp. of meatball mix.
- If you don't have one, just use a ¼ measuring cup and only fill it ¾ of the way full.
- Or use a smaller cookie scoop for smaller, bite-sized meatballs.
- Add meatballs on top of the sauce mixture.
- Continue until you've made all the meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours (or have reached an internal temperature of 160f degrees.) Turn the meatballs over once about halfway through cooking.
- Once cooked, stir the meatballs so they are covered in sauce.
- Place on a plate and serve or serve directly from the crock pot (keeping it on the warm setting.)