So the one ingredient that is crucial to any meatball or meatloaf are the eggs. I’m using Eggland’s Best eggs here. The eggs keep everything together. They bind all the other ingredients so the meatball holds it’s shape.
But that doesn’t mean we can’t add a little nutrition in with our meatball filling. Eggland’s Best eggs are produced locally near you so they aren’t being trucked in from hundreds of miles away. AND, look at all the nutrition they pack (see image below). You aren’t gonna get that in just any ole meatball. Your family will be getting in some good ole Omega 3’s and not even know it!
For this particular recipe, I chose to make a larger meatball. Most cocktail meatballs are half this size. However, I’ll be totally honest, I have no patience for rolling out meatballs. So I figured I would make these larger ones and each one would be perfect for two or three bites. You can certainly use a smaller scoop and you would be able to double the amount of meatballs.
Crock Pot Ultimate Party MeatballsPrint Pin Rate
- For the meatballs:
- 1 lb lean ground beef 90/10
- 1 lb lean ground pork
- 2 Eggland's Best eggs
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- For the sauce:
- 1 12 oz jar chili sauce
- 1 10.5 oz jar hot pepper jelly or red pepper jelly
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Stir until full combined.
- Before rolling the meatballs, pour the chili sauce and jelly into a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Using a spring-loaded cookie scooper, scoop out the meat mixture and roll between your hands to make them round.
- A medium scoop holds 3 tbsp. of meatball mix.
- If you don't have one, just use a 1/4 measuring cup and only fill it ¾ of the way full.
- Or use a smaller cookie scoop for smaller, bite-sized meatballs.
- Add meatballs on top of the sauce mixture.
- Continue until you've made all the meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours (or have reached an internal temperature of 160f degrees.) Turn the meatballs over once about halfway through cooking.
- Once cooked, stir the meatballs so they are covered in sauce.
- Place on a plate and serve or serve directly from the crock pot (keeping it on the warm setting.)