Tender meatballs simmered in a sweet and savory sauce and all made in the slow cooker. This viral Tik Tok recipe for Crock Pot Honey Garlic Meatballs are perfect as an appetizer or dinner!
ANOTHER DELICIOUS VIRAL TIKTOK RECIPE
See what all the fuss is about with this viral Crock Pot Honey Garlic Meatballs recipe from TikTok! If you aren’t familiar with Tik Tok, it is video based social media where people can share quick videos about pretty much anything. Now, most of the recipes shared over there are nothing new. They have been around for years. It’s just that someone decides to share it on Tik Tok and it goes wild! That was the case for these honey garlic meatballs. Store bought frozen meatballs are bathed in a delicious honey garlic sauce. It is both simple to prepare and so tasty. Serve this crock pot meal over steamed rice or mashed potatoes for dinner or just keep them warm in the crock pot for a serve yourself appetizer!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
To add a nice presentation to these meatballs, top with a little fresh chopped parsley or some sesame seeds. This isn’t necessary for this to taste fantastic – it’s more about just making them look pretty.
If you’re serving this as a meal, serve the meatballs with a little of the sauce poured on top. You can serve these over a bed of mashed potatoes or white rice like I have shown in the pictures. Or just serve them as is as an appetizer.
Sure thing. This makes a lot of sauce so you can certainly purchase the larger (48 ounce) bag of meatballs to make more.
This recipe is similar to the old Grape Jelly Meatball recipe. It’s one of those recipes where you think none of the flavors will go together but the end result is delicious! It is both sweet and savory. I think this is probably closest in flavor to my Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Meatballs recipe. None of the flavors are super strong. If you do prefer them to be spicier, try adding a bit of sriracha to the sauce.
I don’t recommend cooking on high. You really want time for the meatballs to warm thoroughly while giving that sauce time to simmer. I think it tastes better as it gives time for all the flavors to meld together.
I don’t recommend homemade meatballs unless they are cooked first or mostly cooked and lean meat is used. Otherwise, the grease released from the meatballs will just end up in the sauce and it’ll be a gross and greasy mess. Also, don’t complicate this recipe y’all. It is meant to be a simple dump and go recipe.
Leftover meatballs should be stored in an airtight container once they’ve cooled to room temperature and can be refrigerated for up to 4-5 days.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- frozen meatballs – Great Value at Walmart is fine (I prefer their Homestyle version for this recipe)
- brown sugar– you could use dark brown sugar if that is all you have. It just gives it a deeper molasses flavor.
- honey – I suppose you could maybe use maple syrup here. I know someone will ask about it, but I’ll be honest, I just haven’t tried it. If you enjoy maple syrup and give it a try, please let me know.
- ketchup – it needs to be just regular ole ketchup. Don’t try to get fancy with this recipe y’all. It is as basic as it gets. You could certainly use low sodium though if you need to cut down on the sodium levels.
- soy sauce – low sodium can be used here as well.
- garlic– y’all know I usually prefer fresh garlic because it really makes a huge difference in the most simple of recipes, but in this case, good ole jarred garlic works just fine.
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT HONEY GARLIC MEATBALLS
Place frozen meatballs into the bottom of a 4-6 quart slow cooker. In a bowl, whisk together, brown sugar, honey, ketchup, soy sauce and garlic. Pour this mixture over the meatballs and stir to coat all the meatballs in the sauce.
Cover and cook on low for about 3-4 hours (stirring occasionally – if possible). Then you can switch over to a keep warm setting if serving as an appetizer.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Recipe shared by: Ophelia (aka Mamatot) on TikTok
Crock Pot Honey Garlic Meatballs (+Video)
- Place frozen meatballs into the bottom of a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together, brown sugar, honey, ketchup, soy sauce and garlic.
- Pour this mixture over the meatballs and stir to coat all the meatballs in the sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for about 3-4 hours (stirring occasionally – if possible). Then you can switch over to a keep warm setting if serving as an appetizer.
- Please refer to my FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions) and ingredient list above for other substitutions or for the answers to the most common questions.
- To easily measure out honey, spray the measuring cup with a little nonstick spray. This will ensure all the honey comes out and does not stick to the cup.
- I found that this makes quite a bit of sauce so I think you could get away with using a larger 48 ounce bag if you need more meatballs.
- How many this serves will depend on how it is being served. If it is being served as a main course dinner, I would say it can serve about 6. However, if it is just being served as an appetizer, it can probably serve up to 10 or 12.
- Leftover meatballs should be stored in a container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.