These Crock Pot Grape Jelly Meatballs are always a hit because they are so delicious so easy to make with only 3 ingredients!
DELICIOUSLY GLAZED PARTY MEATBALLS
What is it about meatballs that we love? Go to any potluck or party and if there is a Crock Pot of meatballs sitting out, you will usually find a group of folks standing around eating them as they talk. They draw us into their meaty goodness. This recipe is a blast from the past.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS EASY APPETIZER/SNACK:
- The original recipe calls for using Heinz Chili sauce, which is tasty in it's own right. However, a few years ago, I went to a party and the host made it with BBQ sauce and I was hooked! The BBQ sauce give these meatballs just a little more oomph. And speaking of BBQ sauce, I did a small informal poll on Facebook a couple of weeks ago. I asked everyone what their favorite bottled BBQ sauce was. The overwhelming winner? Sweet Baby Rays!
- Don't be thrown off by the grape jelly if you've never tried these before. I promise, you don't taste the grape at all. It just adds a nice, lightly sweet background flavor and gives a nice consistency to the sauce. Try different types of jelly and jams - pineapple and cranberry are also really yummy with this!
- If you want a homemade version of this recipe, click on this link: CROCK POT HOMEMADE GRAPE JELLY MEATBALLS.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- homestyle frozen meatballs
- grape jelly
- your favorite BBQ Sauce or Chili Sauce
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT GRAPE JELLY MEATBALLS:
Combine the frozen meatballs, grape jelly and BBQ sauce into your slow cooker and stir well until combined.
Cook the mixture on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 2 – 2 ½ hours until completely warmed through (stirring occasionally.) Meatballs are already cooked so we're basically just heating them up.
When they are ready, just set your crock pot to the "keep warm" setting and let guests serve themselves.
Just place small bowls and toothpicks next to the meatballs.
Cook’s Note: This also works really nicely with a package or two of lil’ smokies. Also, you can use many types of jelly flavors. I’ve used cranberry, apricot and pineapple before and all were very good!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Crock Pot Grape Jelly Meatballs
- 32 ounce bag frozen homestyle meatballs
- 18 ounce jar grape jelly
- 18 ounce bottle of your favorite BBQ Sauce (or Chili Sauce)
- Pour the meatballs, grape jelly and BBQ sauce into a crock pot and stir until well combined.
- Cook the mixture on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 2 – 2 ½ hours until completely cooked through (stirring occasionally)
- Then serve! Keep slow cooker on warm with lid on so they stay warm while serving.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: February 2011
Updated & republished: April 2020