It may sound strange but it is possible to make a delicious no-bake apple pie! It whips up in minutes and tastes wonderful! Perfect for summer!
EASY NO-BAKE APPLE PIE
Now, I know you are reading the title of this recipe and thinking, "No way! There is no such thing as a no-bake apple pie. And if there is such a thing, how can it taste good?" I know, I know. But I am telling you, this pie is really good. If you are craving apple pie in the summer, but don't want to turn on your oven, then this is your pie. It is surprising how the flavors really come together and you never have to turn on your oven.
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
NO OVEN NEEDED!
Or maybe baking isn't really your thing. Maybe you think there is too much involved in making an apple pie totally from scratch, then this is your pie! The other bonus? Hardly any dishes are dirtied making this. And I love that. So this goes at the top of my weeknight dessert list for sure! This dessert recipe was adapted (with some changes) from Gooseberry Patch's latest cookbook, Game-Day Fan Fare. Recipe submitted by Deanna P.L. of NC.
crushed graham crackers
*Note: You want to look for the Graham Cracker Crust that says "2 extra servings." This will be a 10-inch crust.
HOW TO MAKE NO-BAKE APPLE PIE:
Simmer for about 4 to 6 minutes, until apples are tender. Stir in dry pudding mix and add remaining ¼ cup water.
Originally published: May 2013
Updated & republished: June 2019
EASY NO-BAKE APPLE PIE
- 3 pounds apples (about 5 apples), peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 ¾ cups water, divided use
- 1 (3 oz) box lemon Jell-O
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 (3 oz) box Cook & Serve vanilla pudding
- 1 (10-inch) graham cracker crust
- crushed cinnamon graham crackers, for topping
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine apples, 1 ½ cups water, lemon Jell-O mix, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for about 4 to 6 minutes, until apples are tender.
- Stir in vanilla pudding mix and add remaining ¼ cup water.
- Cook and stir for about 2 minutes, or until mixture is thickened (like syrup).
- Remove from heat. Spoon filling into graham cracker crust.
- Then cover and refrigerate overnight. It will thicken and set as it cools in the fridge so it's important you give it time to completely cool.
- Take about 4-5 graham cracker squares and place in a Ziploc bag.
- Crush the crackers using a rolling pin or some other heavy object.
- Sprinkle crushed graham crackers over cooled pie.
- Slice and serve. Top with whipped cream (optional.)