Hands-down my favorite!
Easy Peasy Pie
1 (9-inch) frozen pie crust, or Make your own
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (or pecan halves)
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
3 tbsp. salted butter, melted
1 cup dark corn syrup
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Southern Pecan PiePrint Pin Rate
- 1 9-inch frozen pie crust or make your own
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or pecan halves
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp salted butter melted
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Take frozen pie crust out of the freezer and place it on a baking sheet while preparing the filling.
- Or, if you are using the Wham Bam pie crust, prepare the crust, prick it with a few holes using a fork, and then stick it in the refrigerator while preparing filling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together beaten eggs, sugar, melted butter, corn syrup, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Place the pecans into the bottom of your pie crust.
- Then pour the filling on top of the pecans.
- Bake for about 45-50 minutes.
- Around the 20 minute mark, you may want to add some aluminum foil around the edges of
- your pie crust to keep it from getting too browned.
- Oven times do vary, but basically, the middle of the pie should be set when done (not overly jiggly) and the center will puff up a bit.