This recipe for the Best Oatmeal Pie is Grandma’s prized blue ribbon winning recipe. Like a pecan pie but with oatmeal!
THE BEST OATMEAL PIE
I compare this oatmeal pie to pecan pie. It tastes just like a PECAN PIE but without the pecans. So, if you have someone in your family that isn’t a fan of pecans, then this might just be the pie to make. Oatmeal pie was developed in a time when either pecans were hard to come by or were too expensive.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS OLD-FASHIONED PIE
- You need to use quick cooking oatmeal for this recipe. It’s a thinner, smaller oatmeal than the old-fashioned oatmeal.
- Feel free to MAKE YOUR OWN PIE CRUST or a pre-made frozen pie crust that has been thawed.
- Dark brown sugar can be used in place of light brown sugar. It just has a tad more molasses in it so it will have a richer flavor.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
refrigerated pie crust
light brown sugar
light corn syrup
quick cooking oats
HOW TO MAKE THIS OATMEAL PIE RECIPE:
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place the pie crust in a pie plate and flute edges if desired, set aside.With a hand mixer beat eggs until light and fluffy.Add in the granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and beat until well combined. Next add the corn syrup, melted butter and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
Lastly fold in the oatmeal. Pour into the prepared pie crust and cook for 45 -55 minutes. Until the center has no jiggle.Let cool fully about 3-4 hours before slicing.Serve with ice cream, if desired.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
GRANDMA B’S CRANBERRY OATMEAL BARS
MAPLE BROWN SUGAR BAKED OATMEAL
APPLE CINNAMON OATMEAL MIX
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB COBBLER
CROCK POT APPLE CRISP WITH WARM VANILLA SAUCE
GRANDMA'S BEST OATMEAL PIE
- 1 9-inch refrigerated pie crust
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Place the pie crust in a pie plate and flute edges if desired, set aside.
- With a hand mixer beat eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add in the granulated sugar, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and beat until well combined.
- Next add the corn syrup, melted butter and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- Lastly fold in the oatmeal.
- Pour into the prepared pie crust and cook for 45 -55 minutes. Until the center has no jiggle.
- Let cool fully about 3-4 hours before slicing. Serve with ice cream if desired.