These Southern Pecan Pie muffins have only 5 ingredients and taste just like a pecan pie in muffin form! A sweet treat that everyone absolutely loves!
THESE AREN'T YOUR AVERAGE MUFFINS!
What happens you can take the flavors of a pecan pie and put them into a muffin? Magic. Magic happens. I love pecans in general but you go and put them into something sweet and I am in heaven. And these Southern Pecan Pie Muffins are deceptively easy but outta this world good.
CAN I USE OTHER TYPES OF NUTS?
Of course! This will work with pretty much any kind of nut - walnut or macadamia nuts are good substitutions. They truly taste like a pecan pie that has been made into a muffin. Now, these are more like dessert muffins and not so much like breakfast muffins. They don't rise up high. They are slightly dense and taste wonderful warm or at room temperature. Make them. Eat them. You won't regret you did!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR PECAN PIE MUFFINS: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- all-purpose flour
- light brown sugar
- butter (not margarine)
HOW TO MAKE SOUTHERN PECAN PIE MUFFINS:
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Place 9 cupcake paper liners into regular muffin pan and spray each of the liners with nonstick cooking spray. In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and pecans until mixed well.
In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until foamy.
And then add melted butter. Stir well. Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture.
Stir until moistened.
Spoon the batter into the cups. You will need to fill them to almost full. There is no leavening agent (like baking powder or baking soda) in these to make them rise real high.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes (it took closer to the 25 minute mark in my oven.) Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Optional: About 15 minutes into the cooking time, take them out and sprinkle the top with chopped pecans OR place a pecan half on the top. This makes for a nice topping and lets everyone know exactly what is in this muffin.
You can also make these into mini-muffins. Just decrease the cooking time by about 5 minutes or so. Also, these seem to bake up best in metal pans, not stoneware baking pans.
CRAVING MORE? GIVE THESE RECIPES A TRY!
SOUTHERN PECAN PIE MUFFINS
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 large eggs
- 11 tablespoon real butter (about 1 ⅓ sticks) melted
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Place 9 cupcake paper liners into regular muffin pan and spray each of the liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and pecans until mixed well.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until foamy and then add melted butter. Stir well.
- Combine the egg mixture with the flour mixture. Stir until moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups. You will need to fill them to almost full. There is no leavening agent (like baking powder or baking soda) in these so they won't rise up at all.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes (it took closer to the 25 minute mark in my oven.) Optional: Around the 15 minute mark, pull them out and sprinkle with chopped pecans or place one pecan half on each one, then put them back into the oven to finish baking. (This is just for aesthetics and not necessary).
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: September 2013
Updated & republished: July 2019