1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 tbsp. sugar
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy. If you are using a stand mixer, be sure to occasionally scrape down the sides of your mixing bowl.
Allow to cool for an hour, then turn out onto a serving dish.
Southern Pecan Pound CakePrint Pin Rate
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup salted butter softened to room temperature, 2 sticks
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 5 large Eggland's Best eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Spray a 12-cup Angel Food Cake Pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup chopped pecans with 1 tbsp. flour.
- Stir well then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour and 1 tsp. baking powder.
- Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Slowly add in eggs (one at a time.)
- Then stir in two teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Once combined, slowly add in flour mixture.
- Then stir in sour cream.
- Finally, stir in (by hand) floured pecans.
- Batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into prepared angel food cake pan.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread out batter as evenly as possible.
- Top batter with 1/4 cup chopped pecans and sprinkle with 1 tbsp. sugar.
- Bake for about 55-65 minutes (until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.)
- Allow to cool for an hour, then turn out onto a serving dish.
I am a proud ambassador for Eggland’s Best eggs. As always, all opinions are my own.