The yummiest homemade milk chocolate chip muffins are so moist thanks to melted butter! Stuffed full of milk chocolate chips and can be frozen!
THE YUMMIEST MILK CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
CAN I FREEZE MUFFINS?
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST MUFFINS:
Don’t over-mix the ingredients. When combining dry and wet ingredients, you want to stir until combined. Over-stirring can cause muffins to come out tough. Also, try adding a couple of chocolate chips on top of each of the muffins before baking. This makes for a prettier presentation!
HOW TO MAKE MILK CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS:
Stir well. Pour the dry ingredients in with your wet ones and stir just until everything is combined and moistened.
Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners (or spray with nonstick cooking spray.). Fill with batter (about 3/4 of the way full.) Now, to make these extra pretty, I like to take some extra chocolate chips and put two or three onto the tops of the muffins. I just think it makes them look nicer when they are all done.
Originally published: September 2012
Updated & republished: August 2019
MILK CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk (whole or 2%)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Give it a stir to coat the chips in the flour mixture.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients (butter, oil, eggs, milk and vanilla.) Whisk together well.
- Pour the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients and stir just until everything is combined and moistened.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners (or spray with nonstick cooking spray).
- Fill with batter (about 3/4 of the way full).
- Now, to make these extra pretty, I like to take some extra chocolate chips and put two or three onto the tops of the muffins. I just think it makes 'em look nicer when they are all done.
- Bake at 375F for about 15-18 minutes.
- Stick a toothpick in them to check for doneness.
- They should spring back to the touch when finished.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? YOU GOTTA GIVE THESE A TRY!
EASY SOUTHERN PECAN PIE MUFFINS
GERMAN CHOCOLATE CHIP MUFFINS
PANCAKE SAUSAGE BREAKFAST MUFFINS
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE IN A MUG
STRAWBERRY MUFFIN MIX WAFFLES
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH DIP
CHOCOLATE CHIP CARAMEL BUTTER BARS
LAZY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BARS
STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
CHOCOLATE CHIP SWIRL CAKE
MY GO-TO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE