Yep, Shoney’s Strawberry Pie
- 1 9-inch frozen pie crust or make your own
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup strawberry gelatin powder (JELL-O)
- 1 pint of fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
- Prebake pie crust according to directions on package.
- Cool to room temperature
- If using my Wham Bam Pie Crust, prepare as directed, prick the inside of the pie crust all over and bake at 400F degrees for about 10-15 minutes, then allow to cool completely.
- Wash and hull strawberries.
- Then cut them in half (or maybe smaller depending on how big your berries are).
- In a sauce pan, over medium-high heat, add water, sugar, cornstarch, & strawberry gelatin.
- Whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk mixture constantly while heating to prevent clumping or scorching until mixture begins to come to a gentle boil.
- Remove pan from the heat and allow the glaze to cool.
- I like to put the sauce pan into my sink where I've made some ice water.
- This will cool the glaze quickly and allow it to set up a bit more.
- As the glaze cools it will become translucent in color and you should notice it will thicken a little more as well.
Whisk it occasionally as it cools. It will be thickened but still pourable.
- Add your sliced berries to the baked and cooled pie crust.
- Pour strawberry glaze over berries.
- Making sure to get it in between the nooks & crannies of the berries as best you can.
- Chill pie in the refrigerator at least 2-3 hours before serving.
When ready to serve, dollop each slice with some whipped cream.