This Pimiento Cheese Macaroni Salad will be the star of the cookout! It has diced ham, store bought pimiento cheese, and macaroni noodles.
A UNIQUE PASTA SALAD RECIPE
This recipe is maybe going to sound a little strange but I promise that everyone will love it. It's a little different but I always get asked for the recipe after folks try it. It really could not be easier to make too. The pimento cheese spread really provides a lot of flavor to this dish and kicks it up a notch. Plus, it keeps the macaroni salad from tasting bland.
TIPS FOR MAKING MACARONI SALAD:
- What I love most about using pimiento cheese spread in a pasta salad is it already has seasoning added. So really, I am just adding a bit more mayo and a couple of other ingredients to 'beef' it up. Even people who aren't fans of pimento cheese love this dish!
- Feel free to add in your favorites here. Cucumbers, green peppers and/or tomatoes are all great additions.
- Substitute bacon instead of the ham.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- macaroni noodles
- pimiento cheese spread
- diced ham
- diced green onion
- salt & pepper
HOW TO MAKE PIMIENTO CHEESE MACARONI SALAD:
Prepare macaroni according to package directions.
Once macaroni is cooked, drain and rinse macaroni under cool water.
Drain well and pour into a large bowl.
Stir in pimento cheese and mayonnaise.
Then stir in diced ham…
…and green onion. Give it a taste and season with salt & pepper if necessary.
Chill for about an hour before serving.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Pimiento Cheese Macaroni Salad (+Video)
- 16 ounce box macaroni noodles
- 12 ounce container pimiento cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 ½ cups diced ham
- ½ cup diced green onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare macaroni per package directions.
- Once macaroni is cooked, drain and rinse macaroni (in a colander) under cool water. Drain well and pour into a large bowl.
- Stir in pimiento cheese and mayo.
- Then stir in diced ham and green onion. Give it a taste and season with salt & pepper, if necessary.
- Chill for about one hour before serving!
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: March 2016
Updated & republished: July 2020