This Warm Pimiento Cheese Dip is a creamy and flavorful dip that has all the flavors of pimiento cheese in a warm and gooey dip!
A SOUTHERN HOT CHEESE DIP
So recently I was mixing up a batch of pimiento cheese and realized I didn't have all the sharp cheese on hand that I wanted to use but I already had my mayo and seasonings mixed. So I threw in a block of softened cream cheese, a little more mayo and the shredded cheese and decided I would try to make a dip. Boy, did it work out amazing!
TIPS FOR MAKING PIMIENTO CHEESE DIP:
- I used a combination of cheddar and Monterey jack cheese here but you can use your favorite cheeses.
- Also, you could use pre-shredded cheese for this if you want to save some time. However, when I make pimiento cheese spread, I only use freshly shredded.
- Pimientos are just a type of red pepper that are sweet and very mild.
- Panko bread crumbs can be substituted for the crushed Ritz crackers.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- sharp cheddar cheese
- cream cheese
- diced pimientos
- green onions
- dry mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- hot sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper
- crushed Ritz crackers
HOW TO MAKE WARM PIMIENTO CHEESE DIP:
Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray. Now, get all your cheese shredded.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and mayo. I like to use an electric mixer to get it combined well.
Make sure your pimientos are well drained. They are packed in water so you don't want a bunch of excess water messing up your dip.
Add in drained pimientos, green onions, ground mustard, Worcestershire sauce and a dash of hot sauce. Stir well to combine.
Finally add in the shredded cheese.
Stir until combined well. At this point I give it a taste test. Add in salt and pepper to taste. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
Sprinkle top evenly with crushed Ritz crackers.
Then dig in with your favorite buttery crackers!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS?
Warm PImento Cheese Dip (+Video)
- 2 (8 ounce) blocks of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounce block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 7 ounce jar diced pimientos well drained
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- dash of hot sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Spray a 2-quart baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and mayonnaise. This is easiest if you use an electric mixer.
- Add in drained pimientos, green onions, ground mustard, Worcestershire sauce and a dash of hot sauce. Add in salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine.
- Finally add in shredded cheese. Stir until combined well.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle top evenly with crushed Ritz crackers
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes (on the middle rack). Do not overcook.
- Topping should get slightly golden brown and bubbling gently around the edges. Then serve with crackers or your favorite vegetables.
- Dig in with your favorite buttery crackers or vegetables.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.