Cheesy Pizza Skillet Dip
Although warm dips can be eaten any time during the year, I tend to make and eat them during the cooler months. There is just something about a gooey, warm cheese dip and fresh soft pizza dough dipping rolls that just screams comfort food. It’ll warm you up from the inside out!
An appetizer or a meal
This Cheesy Pizza Skillet Dip could really be a meal in itself! You can get creative with what you add in. Green peppers, sliced pepperoni or cooked and crumbled spicy sausage are all great additions. Also, if you love garlic as much as I do, try melting some salted butter and stir in a little minced garlic or garlic powder and brushing it on top of the rolls. So good!
1 package refrigerated pizza crust
⅔ cup mozzarella cheese
½ block cream cheese
½ cup sour cream
1 tsp minced garlic
1-2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
pinch black pepper
¼ cup mozzarella cheese for topping
salted butter, for skillet
Roll out the pizza crust, and cut into 12 squares. Roll each square into a ball. Generously butter an oven-safe, 9-inch skillet, then arrange dough balls around the edge, making sure that they just barely touch each other.
- 1 package refrigerated pizza crust
- ⅔ cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ block cream cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1-2 tbsp fresh chopped basil
- pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- pinch black pepper
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese for topping
- salted butter, for skillet
- Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, basil, red pepper, black pepper, and mozzarella until evenly blended. Set aside
- Roll out the pizza crust, and cut into 12 squares. Roll each square into a ball.
- Generously butter an oven-safe, 9-inch skillet, then arrange dough balls around the edge, making sure that they just barely touch each other.
- Drop the cheese mixture in the center, and spread out all the way to touching the pizza dough balls. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and black pepper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese has a crisp golden crust and dough balls are fluffy.
- Remove from oven and serve warm.
For an extra pop of flavor, brush pizza dough balls with garlic butter before baking.