This warm White Pizza Dip has pizza dough dipping rolls with a warm cheesy center that is an easy appetizer and is made all in one dish!
AN EASY CHEESY WARM DIP RECIPE
Although warm dips can be eaten any time during the year, I tend to make and eat them during the cooler months. There is just something about a gooey, warm cheese dip and fresh soft pizza dough dipping rolls that just screams comfort food. It'll warm you up from the inside out!
TIPS FOR MAKING WHITE PIZZA DIP.
- This Cheesy Pizza Skillet Dip could really be a meal in itself! You can get creative with what you add in. Pepperoni or cooked and crumbled spicy sausage are all great additions.
- Also, if you love garlic as much as I do, try melting some salted butter and stir in a little minced garlic or garlic powder and brushing it on top of the rolls. So good!
- I've made this in a cast iron skillet as well as a pie dish. They both work just fine. Just make sure whatever you use that it is oven safe.
- I like to butter the baking dish to give it extra flavor but you can use nonstick cooking spray instead.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- refrigerated pizza crust
- mozzarella cheese
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- minced garlic
- fresh basil
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- black pepper
- salted butter
HOW TO MAKE WHITE PIZZA DIP:
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Generously butter an oven-safe, 9-inch skillet or round baking/pie dish. Set aside. In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, basil, red pepper flakes, black pepper, and mozzarella until evenly blended. Set aside
Roll out the pizza crust and cut into 12 squares.
Roll each square into a ball.
Then arrange dough balls around the edge of the skillet or baking dish, making a circle.
Drop the cheese mixture in the center and spread out all the way to touching the pizza dough balls.
Sprinkle with ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese and a pinch of black pepper.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese has a light golden color and dough balls are fluffy.
Remove from oven and serve warm.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Originally published: October 2018
Updated & republished: January 2023
White Pizza Dip (+Video)
- salted butter, (to coat the baking dish)
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza crust
- ⅔ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ block cream cheese (4 ounces) softened
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- pinch red pepper flakes, optional
- pinch black pepper
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese, for topping (or as much as you'd like)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Generously butter an oven-safe 9-inch skillet (or round baking/pie dish.) Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, garlic, basil, red pepper, black pepper, and mozzarella until evenly blended. Set aside
- Roll out the pizza crust, and cut into 12 squares. Roll each square into a ball.
- Arrange dough balls around the edge of the skillet or baking dish, making a circle.
- Drop the cheese mixture in the center and spread out all the way to touching the pizza dough balls. Sprinkle with ¼ cup mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until cheese is a light golden color and dough balls are fluffy.
- Remove from oven and serve warm. I like to top with a little more chopped fresh basil, black pepper and red pepper flakes but this is optional.
- For an extra pop of flavor, brush pizza dough balls with garlic butter before baking.
- Try adding pepperoni or cooked and crumbed Italian sausage to this.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.