Warm Taco Bean Dip is a creamy refried bean dip appetizer with salsa, seasoning, sour cream, cream cheese and a warm, melty cheese topping!
AN EASY, FLAVORFUL, CREAMY DIP
One of the things I love about any holiday or super bowl party are all the finger foods. I love being able to pile up a plate with a whole variety of foods and eat to my hearts content. This warm taco bean dip fits the bill. Everywhere I take it, I come home with an empty dish!
TIPS FOR MAKING BEAN DIP:
- If you like, you can make your own taco seasoning. Check out my Homemade Taco Seasoning.
- This can be made in a slow cooker. Put all the ingredients in the crock pot and cover and cook on low for about 2 hours, then turn the heat to the "Warm" setting so it stays warm as guests serve themselves.
- Make this vegetarian by using the vegetarian refried beans
- Want to "beef" it up? Try adding one pound of cooked ground beef into the bean mixture.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- refried beans
- salsa (I like Herdez mild salsa)
- taco seasoning
- shredded cheddar
- shredded Monterey jack cheese
HOW TO MAKE WARM TACO BEAN DIP:
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Mix together cream cheese and sour cream in a large bowl.
Mix in refried beans until combined well.
Stir in salsa and taco seasoning. Finally, stir in ½ cup shredded cheddar and ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese.
Spread mixture evenly into the bottom of the baking dish. Sprinkle the top with remaining shredded cheeses.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese in melted and bean dip is warmed all the way through. Sprinkle the top with diced cilantro, parsley or sliced green onions (optional.)
Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos scoop chips.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Warm Taco Bean Dip (+Video)
- 8 ounce block cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- ½ cup salsa (I like Herdez mild salsa)
- 1 packet taco seasoning (¼ cup)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese divided use
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese divided use
- diced cilantro or parsley for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix together cream cheese and sour cream in a large bowl.
- Mix in refried beans until combined well.
- Stir in salsa and taco seasoning.
- Finally, stir in ½ cup shredded cheddar and ½ cup shredded Monterey jack cheese.
- Spread mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining shredded cheeses. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese in melted and bean dip is warmed all the way through.
- Sprinkle the top with diced cilantro or parsley (to add a bit of color.) Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos scoop chips.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: January 2011
Updated & republished: December 2019
Could this be done in a Crock pot?
Brandie @ The Country Cook
I think it could be although I haven't personally tried it. If you do, please come back and let me know how it turned out for you!
This looks so good. I would like to make it in 2 8" square pans. Can it be frozen before baking?
Brandie @ The Country Cook
I don't see why not. I haven't personally tried it but I don't see anything in it that wouldn't freeze well.
Can I make this without cream cheese and it’ll still come out ok?
I made this for a large family party and it was almost completely gone. Super easy and I will make this again!!
We've been making bean dip like this for many years! Doesn't last long in our house!!
I love this dip. I could eat it all myself!
This looks delicious.
I made your bean dip for a birthday party and everybody loved it!
This is so easy and delicious!