With only 4 ingredients, this Queso Dip is quick and easy to put together for an appetizer that is perfect for gatherings or game night!
AN EASY, CREAMY DIP RECIPE
Raise your hand if you love the queso dip at your favorite Mexican restaurant? You’ll never believe how easy it is to make at home! Queso Dip only requires four ingredients and about 15 minutes to make. This is a go-to dip recipe on taco nights or when we have family and friends over. If you are in a time crunch then this White Queso Dip is the recipe for you!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
More than likely it is Oaxaca. It’s a white cheese that is similar to mozzarella and melts easily. But some restaurants may just use white American cheese as it is very similar. It’s easiest (and probably cheapest) to buy the white American cheese in a block from the deli counter (about 3/4 pounds). cheese).
Yes. You will want to purchase a block of Velveeta’s Queso Blanco. You can usually find it where the other Velveeta products are in your grocery store.
Queso dip is very simple. In general it will be a mix of heavy cream, American cheese (or Oaxaca cheese), cumin and green chiles.
Yes, you will want to make sure that you drain the chiles well so it doesn’t make the dip too runny.
Place any remaining queso in an airtight container and it will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. Queso can also be frozen. Place cooled dip in a freezer bag or container and it will keep for up to 6 months. To defrost, remove from freezer and into the refrigerator overnight. Reheat in the microwave.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- heavy cream
- white American cheese
- garlic salt
- green chiles
HOW TO MAKE QUESO DIP:
Heat heavy cream, in a sauce pan or small, deep skillet, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes until gently bubbling, whisking frequently. Add in cubed white American cheese and cumin. Whisk frequently until melted.
When cheese is melted, add in the green chilies.
Stir until combined, then remove from heat.
Serve warm in a bowl with tortilla chips. Top with pico de gallo, cilantro, jalapeños, and fresh lime juice.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
White Queso Dip (+Video)
- Heat heavy cream, in a saucepan over medium heat for a few minutes until gently bubbling, whisking frequently.
- Add in cubed white American cheese, cumin and garlic salt.
- Whisk frequently until melted.
- When cheese is melted, stir in green chilies, then remove from heat.
- Serve warm in a bowl with tortilla chips. Optional: Top with pico de gallo, cilantro, jalapenos, and fresh lime juice.
- It’s easiest to purchase white American cheese at the deli counter. Just ask for a 3/4 pound block of cheese.
- This can easily be doubled to serve more people.
- Queso can be frozen. See my tips above.
- Milk can be substituted for heavy cream. It is thinner so start with 1/4 cup and add more until you get your desired thickness.
- If you want to keep this warm for guests, put it into a small (1.5 quart) crock pot on the warm setting.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.