This Easy Refried Bean Dip is made with canned refried beans, shredded cheese, taco seasoning and topped with melted cheese! So delicious!
3-INGREDIENT REFRIED BEAN DIP
This recipe is ridiculously easy. Beans, cheese and taco seasoning. But don’t let the simple ingredients fool you, this bean dip packs a ton of flavor! You can really have some fun with the toppings too: sour cream, tomatoes, onions, cilantro, avocado and jalapeños. This dip will be a hit at your next gathering!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
You can make this as easy or as complicated as you like. To really amp up the creaminess, try adding a block of softened cream cheese to the mixture. Like a bit of heat? Add a can of diced green chiles!
Other cheeses that can be used are: Monterey Jack, Colby Jaco or a Mexican cheese blend. For more spice, try using a Pepper Jack cheese. Also, feel free to use as much cheese as you enjoy!
This bean dip recipe can stay out on the counter for about a day. Otherwise, I would cover it and keep it in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Yes it can! It can be frozen before or after baking. Just ensure it has cooled completely then wrap in plastic wrap then aluminum foil (to prevent freezer burn) and it will keep for up to 3 months! Reheat in the oven or microwave (only reheat in microwave if it is in a microwave-safe baking dish.)
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- canned refried beans
- shredded cheddar cheese
- taco seasoning
- your favorite toppings: tomatoes, pico de gallo, sour cream, onions, cilantro, avocados, jalapeños
HOW TO MAKE REFRIED BEAN DIP:
Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish (or baking dish) with a little nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix together refried beans, half a cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and taco seasoning.
Spread bean mixture into prepared baking dish and top with remaining shredded cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes until warmed through and cheese is melted.
Remove from oven, and top with diced onion, tomato, jalapeno, and cilantro.
Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite veggies.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Refried Bean Dip (+Video)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided use
- 1 packet taco seasoning (2 Tablespoons)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray an 8×8-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, mix together refried beans, half a cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and taco seasoning.
- Spread bean mixture into prepared baking dish and top with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until warmed through and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven, and top with diced onion, tomato, jalapeño, cilantro and avocado.
- Serve with tortilla chips or your favorite veggies!
- This can also be made in an 8-inch ovenproof skillet (as seen in the video.)
- Feel free to use more cheese if you prefer. Other types of cheese you can use include: Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, Colby Jack, Mexican cheese blend.
- Please note: In the video it appears as if less taco seasoning is used than in the actual recipe – it was an error in editing. Disregard how that appears and use what is called for in the recipe.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories and other nutritional values can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: February 2018
Updated & republished: January 2022