Pepperoni Pizza Pasta salad is a quick and easy pasta salad that packs a lot of flavor. Pasta, pepperoni, mozzarella and Italian dressing.
AN EASY, FUN PASTA SALAD RECIPE
This summer I've been craving cold pasta salads but I haven't wanted the same ole salads. Something to change up the usual cold pasta salad routine. It was incredibly tasty and there are a lot of possibilities with this one.
WHAT VEGETABLES CAN I ADD TO THIS PASTA SALAD?
You could certainly add more of your favorite veggies to it like green peppers and mushrooms. If you get your hands on some fresh mozzarella or if you like to make mozzarella yourself, I think it would taste amazing in this. Let me show you how quickly this whips up!
WHAT YOU'LL NEED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- penne pasta
- mozzarella cheese
- Italian dressing
- grape tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
Note: You can usually find these sticks of pepperoni near the bags of sliced pepperoni. If not, you can get a ½ pound block of pepperoni from the deli counter at your grocery store.
HOW TO MAKE PEPPERONI PIZZA PASTA SALAD:
In a large stock pot of boiling water, cook your pasta until al dente (following the directions on the back or side of the box.) When finished cooking, drain and rinse pasta with cool water. Let it drain well, then add to a large lidded bowl.
Chop up all of the mozzarella and pepperoni into 1-inch cubes. And slice the grape tomatoes in half (I usually cut them lengthwise).
Add those to the cooled pasta.
Pour the Italian dressing on top. You don't have to use the whole bottle. This all comes down to taste. Give it all a good stir.
Next, if you are using, add your shredded Parmesan Cheese and give it another good stir.
Cover with plastic wrap or a fitted lid.
Then pop it into the refrigerator to cool for at least 2 hours. And serve!
WANT MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS? CHECK THESE OUT!
Pepperoni Pizza Pasta Salad (+Video)
- 1 pound (16 ounce) box penne pasta
- 8 ounce package whole pepperoni
- 8 ounce package mozzarella cheese
- 16 ounce bottle of your favorite Italian dressing
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese optional
- In a large stock pot of boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente (following the directions on the back or side of the box).
- When finished cooking, drain and rinse pasta with cool water. Let it drain well, then add to a large bowl.
- Chop up all the mozzarella and pepperoni into 1-inch cubes. Add to cooled pasta in the bowl.
- Slice the grape tomatoes in half (I usually cut them lengthwise) and add to the bowl.
- Pour the Italian dressing on top (using as little or as much as you like). Give it all a good stir.
- Finally add shredded Parmesan Cheese and give it another good stir.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a fitted lid. Then pop the bowl into the refrigerator to cool for at least 2 hours before serving.
- If you want to "up" the Italian flavor, you can always add additional Italian spices to this: ½ teaspoon each of dried Oregano, Basil, Red Pepper flakes, Fennel Seed, Garlic Powder and Salt and Pepper (to taste).
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: August 2012
Updated & republished: May 2019