Ready in no time, this Grape Chicken Salad is the perfect spring and summer lunch or dinner that uses fresh and tasty ingredients.
A TASTY CHICKEN SALAD RECIPE
Now that things are warming up I'm starting to make some of my favorite spring and summer recipes and one is this delicious Grape Chicken Salad! Do not let the grapes turn you away, this is really what makes this Chicken Salad one of a kind and super flavorful. This can also be eaten a variety of ways - in lettuce cups, wraps, as a sandwich, etc. If you want to change up your chicken salad routine, you need to make this Grape Chicken Salad recipe.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
You can use any cooked chicken for this recipe. I like to go with store-bought rotisserie chicken as it makes things quicker. But you can use any leftover chicken or you can bake, boil or grill chicken breasts and use them as well.
This is really a personal preference! We have done it both ways and love it both ways. If you want nice chunks of chicken then I say to dice it, but if you want everything to blend together and have a smoother texture then shred it.
We usually go with red seedless grapes for this recipe but you can use any color that you'd like or use a mixture of colors!
Some common garnishes that we put on top of our chicken salad is chopped pecans, green onions or chives. They are completely optional and you can choose to use them or not.
You can serve this on so many things, on a wrap, toast, buns, as a dip with crackers, lettuce, etc.
This can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator where it will keep for up to 3 days. After 3 days the salad may become more dry as the ingredients will soak up the dressing. Just add a few more tablespoons of mayonnaise or sour cream. I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- sour cream
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- apple cider vinegar
- chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken
- red grapes
- red onion
HOW TO MAKE GRAPE CHICKEN SALAD:
Prep dressing by mixing all the ingredients for dressing in a large bowl.
In the same bowl add salad ingredients and mix well until everything is coated. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour for flavors to blend.
Garnish with pecans, chopped parsley or chives and serve with toast, croissants, brioche buns, crackers, or lettuce.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
Grape Chicken Salad
- ⅔ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 large chicken breasts cooked and shredded or rotisserie chicken (about 3 ½ cups)
- 3 stalks fresh celery sliced
- ⅔ cups red grapes or a combination of green and red cut in half
- ½ cup pecans chopped (sub with walnuts, cashew, almond)
- ½ medium red onion finely diced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley finely chopped (optional)
- Prep dressing by mixing all the ingredients for dressing in a large bowl.
- In the same bowl add salad ingredients and mix well until everything is coated.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour for flavors to blend.
- Garnish with pecans, chopped parsley or chives and serve with toast, croissants, brioche buns, crackers, or lettuce.
- Nutritional value is for salad only.
- This recipe can easily be doubled.
- We do not recommend freezing this.
- Use any color grapes or a combination of grapes.
- We like rotisserie chicken but you can use any chicken you like.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.