FOOL-PROOF CLASSIC EGG SALAD
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT HARD-BOILED EGG
If you can find the store-bought hard-cooked peeled eggs (like these from Eggland’s Best eggs) that will make this a lot easier and faster. Place eggs in the bottom of a saucepan; add enough cool water to cover eggs. Bring to a boil; cover, remove saucepan from heat, and let stand 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, drain the water then fill the saucepan with cold water and ice (This is key. It will make removing the shell so much easier!) Allow to sit for 5 minutes. Tap each egg firmly on the counter until cracks form all over the shell. Peel under cold running water. For step-by-step photos, check out my post for CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
sweet relish (optional)
salt and pepper
sliced green onions (optional)
STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE CLASSIC EGG SALAD:
In a bowl, mix together chopped eggs, mayonnaise, sweet relish and salt and pepper.
Stir in green onions, if using. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.
THE BEST CLASSIC EGG SALAD
- 6 hard boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 4-5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sweet relish optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- sliced green onions optional
- white sandwich bread or croissants
- In a bowl, mix together chopped eggs, mayonnaise, sweet relish and salt and pepper. Stir in green onions, if using. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for a couple of hours before serving.