Asian Ramen Salad is made with beef ramen noodles, cole slaw, sliced almonds, green onions amd mixed together with a delicious sweet and sour dressing.
ASIAN RAMEN SALAD
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
CAN I USE DIFFERENT RAMEN NOODLE FLAVORS?
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
beef flavored Ramen noodles
red wine vinegar
HOW TO MAKE ASIAN RAMEN SALAD:
Pour over Ramen noodles and almonds and stir well, making sure the noodles and almonds are thoroughly coated.
Plus, I think smaller pieces blend in better with the ramen noodles.
Pour over cole slaw mix and stir well.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
ASIAN RAMEN SALAD
- 1 (16 oz) bag cole slaw mix
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 3 packages beef flavored Ramen noodles, save seasoning packets
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup salred butter, melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Open packages of Ramen noodles.
- Put aside all the seasoning packets (we'll be using those soon).
- Crunch up the noodles into bite size pieces and place into medium sized bowl.
- Toss in sliced almonds and combine.
- Mix together the melted butter with 2 packets of the Ramen noodle seasoning mix.
- Pour over Ramen noodles and almonds and stir well, making sure the noodles and almonds are thoroughly coated.
- Spread onto a baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes (until golden brown). Note: You could also gently toast the ramen noodles and almonds in a large skillet.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Place cole slaw mix in food processor (small batches at a time), and chop up cole slaw into smaller pieces. About 3-4 short pulses should do it.
- Put cole slaw mix in a large bowl and add your chopped green onions.
- Once noodles and almonds are cool, add those to the bowl as well and give it all a good mix.
- For the dressing, whisk together the sugar, oil, Worcestershire sauce, red wine vinegar and the remaining packet of Ramen noodle seasoning.
- Pour over cole slaw mix and stir well.
- Serve immediately.
Originally published: April 2012
Updated and republished: May 2019