This recipe for Grandma's American Goulash is pure comfort food made all in one pot. Made with simple ingredients: ground beef, canned tomatoes and macaroni.
GRANDMA'S AMERICAN GOULASH (GROUND BEEF)
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE:
- Add in additional veggies your family enjoys! Green peppers, diced tomatoes or mushrooms would all be great additions.
- This is a great pantry meal. So, if you have pasta shells rather than macaroni noodles - use those. This recipe shouldn't be complicated!
- Try switching up some ground Italian sausage for the ground beef. Or use ground turkey or ground pork if you have it!
HOW TO MAKE GRANDMA'S AMERICAN GOULASH:
LOOKING FOR MORE COMFORT FOOD RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
INSTANT POT AMERICAN GOULASH
AMISH COUNTRY CASSEROLE
PIZZA PASTA BAKE
JALAPENO POPPER MAC & CHEESE
INSTANT POT ITALIAN STUFFED PEPPERS
EASY BUBBLE UP LASAGNA
CROCK POT UNSTUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
GRANDMA'S AMERICAN GOULASH
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup elbow macaroni pasta, cooked measured before cooking
- grated Parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, brown beef along with onion and garlic.
- Drain excess grease.
- Stir in tomatoes (with juices) and tomato sauce.
- Season with sugar, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Then add in cooked pasta and stir.
- Allow to simmer for another 5 minutes then serve.
- Sprinkle with a little grated Parmesan cheese.
Originally published: August 2013
Updated & republished: April 2020