This Easy Skillet Lasagna supper is made with ground beef, onion, garlic, beef broth, Italian diced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and pasta.
A SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS ONE PAN MEAL
If you are looking for a super simple supper. look no further than this easy skillet lasagna recipe. This is one of my family's favorite weeknight meals. It makes for awesome leftovers too. I always try to buy ground beef when it's on sale and keep a bunch in the freezer. All the other ingredients are pretty much pantry ingredients that you may already have on hand.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS EASY ONE PAN DINNER:
- This can be made with ground sausage or ground turkey.
- You can use any type of pasta that you prefer. I usually always have rotini pasta on hand. If you can find Mafalda pasta, it is shaped like little lasagna noodles.
- For a little extra spice, try adding some red chili flakes.
- Try adding a dollop of ricotta cheese to really bring out that lasagna flavor!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- ground beef
- small onion
- beef broth
- Italian diced tomatoes
- Italian seasoning
- mafalda or rotini pasta
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- shredded or grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
HOW TO MAKE SKILET LASAGNA MEAL:
Brown and crumble ground beef (along with diced onions and garlic) over medium heat.
Drain excess grease. Stir in broth and undrained tomatoes and Italian seasoning.
Bring to a boil. Stir in uncooked pasta and simmer for 12-14 minutes until pasta is tender.
The longer you simmer this, the more liquid the pasta will absorb. So if you want a thicker mixture, just let it simmer longer. Stir in mozzarella cheese (I used more than the recipe called for - about a cup.)
Serve and top with shredded Parmesan or more Mozzarella cheese.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Easy Skillet Lasagna (+Video)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 14.5 ounce can Italian diced tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups mafalda or rotini pasta uncooked
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese more if desired
- grated Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Brown and crumble ground beef (along with diced onions and garlic) over medium heat. Drain excess grease.
- Stir in broth, undrained tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in uncooked pasta and simmer for 12-14 minutes until pasta is tender.
- The longer you simmer the mixture, the more liquid the pasta will absorb. So if you want a thicker mixture, just let it simmer longer.
- Stir in shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Serve and top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: May 2013
Updated & republished: August 2020