This Easy Skillet Lasagna supper is made with ground beef, onion, garlic, beef broth, Italian diced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and pasta.
A SIMPLE AND DELICIOUS ONE PAN MEAL
If you are looking for a super simple supper. look no further than this easy skillet lasagna recipe. This is one of my family's favorite weeknight meals. It makes for awesome leftovers too. I always try to buy ground beef when it's on sale and keep a bunch in the freezer. All the other ingredients are pretty much pantry ingredients that you may already have on hand.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS EASY ONE PAN DINNER:
- This can be made with ground sausage or ground turkey.
- You can use any type of pasta that you prefer. I usually always have rotini pasta on hand. If you can find Mafalda pasta, it is shaped like little lasagna noodles.
- For a little extra spice, try adding some red chili flakes.
- Try adding a dollop of ricotta cheese to really bring out that lasagna flavor!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- ground beef
- small onion
- beef broth
- Italian diced tomatoes
- Italian seasoning
- mafalda or rotini pasta
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- shredded or grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
HOW TO MAKE SKILET LASAGNA MEAL:
Brown and crumble ground beef (along with diced onions and garlic) over medium heat.
Drain excess grease. Stir in broth and undrained tomatoes and Italian seasoning.
Bring to a boil. Stir in uncooked pasta and simmer for 12-14 minutes until pasta is tender.
The longer you simmer this, the more liquid the pasta will absorb. So if you want a thicker mixture, just let it simmer longer. Stir in mozzarella cheese (I used more than the recipe called for - about a cup.)
Serve and top with shredded Parmesan or more Mozzarella cheese.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
Easy Skillet Lasagna
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans beef broth
- 14.5 ounce can Italian diced tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon .Italian seasoning
- 2 cups mafalda or rotini pasta uncooked
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese more if desired
- grated Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Brown and crumble ground beef (along with diced onions and garlic) over medium heat. Drain excess grease.
- Stir in broth, undrained tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in uncooked pasta and simmer for 12-14 minutes until pasta is tender.
- The longer you simmer the mixture, the more liquid the pasta will absorb. So if you want a thicker mixture, just let it simmer longer.
- Stir in shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Serve and top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Originally published: May 2013
Updated & republished: August 2020