Easy Skillet Lasagna
I am so excited for today’s recipes. How many of you are Garfield fans? I have loved Garfield since I was a kid. I looked forward to those Sunday comic strips in the newspaper. And to this day I am still a huge fan. Well, now two of my favorite things are joining forces. Garfield and Gooseberry Patch have teamed up to create a cookbook!It’s called “Garfield…Recipes with Cattitude.” It’s a match made in heaven. Garfield is a cat that knows good food. And Vickie and JoAnn at Gooseberry Patch are known for sharing good food recipes.
1 pound ground beef
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
2 (14 oz.) cans beef broth
1 (14.5 oz.) can Italian diced tomatoes
1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 cups mafalda or rotini pasta, uncooked
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (more if desired)
grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
Cook’s Note: You can use any type of pasta you enjoy. I like the mafalda shape because it looks like little lasagna noodles but use what you have. This shape can sometimes be hard to find. Rotini or bow tie pasta also works well.
Brown and crumble ground beef (along with diced onions and garlic) over medium heat. Drain excess grease. Stir in broth…
…and undrained tomatoes and Italian seasoning.
Easy Skillet Lasagna PastaPrint Pin Rate
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or 1 tsp. garlic powder)
- 2 14 oz cans beef broth
- 1 14.5 oz can Italian diced tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp .Italian seasoning
- 2 cups mafalda or rotini pasta uncooked
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese more if desired
- grated Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Brown and crumble ground beef (along with diced onions and garlic) over medium heat.
- Drain excess grease.
- Stir in broth, undrained tomatoes and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in uncooked pasta and simmer for 12-14 minutes until pasta is tender.
- The longer you simmer the mixture, the more liquid the pasta will absorb. So if you want a thicker mixture, just let it simmer longer.
- Stir in mozzarella cheese (I used more than the recipe called for - about a cup).
- Serve and top with shredded Parmesan cheese.