This veggie-filled Frito Taco Salad is so incredibly good and filling. Lettuce, tomato, beans, cheese, Fritos and a delicious dressing!
FRITO TACO SALAD
This Frito Taco Salad is so filling and delicious that you won’t even miss the meat! Of course you could add TACO MEAT to this recipe if you like. I love the crunch the corn chips add but it is totally optional. Use whatever you love! Tortilla strips would also be wonderful in this. This is an easy recipe to tailor to your tastes. Don't skip the dressing though!
TIPS FOR MAKING FRITO TACO SALAD:
- One can of canned corn can be used. Just drain really well.
- You can use any variety of beans in this and you can use more than one. Some options are canned pinto beans, black beans and even kidney beans
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
Romaine lettuce hearts
pinto or black beans
shredded cheddar cheese
sliced cherry tomatoes
Fritos corn chips
Catalina (or French) dressing
HOW TO MAKE FRITO TACO SALAD:
First, cook your corn. This is so easy to do in the microwave. Arrange both ears of corn, un-shucked, in the microwave. If you prefer, you can set them on a microwaveable plate or tray. Cook for 5 minutes. Allow to cool. Set the ears on a cooling rack or cutting board to cool. When the silks and top leaves are cool enough to handle, quickly shuck the husks off the cobs. Then cut the corn off the cob.
In a large salad bowl, add chopped lettuce, BUSH’S® Organic Black Beans, tomato, cheese, olives and corn. When ready to serve, add corn chips and dressing to salad.Serve with optional toppings: sour cream, guacamole and pico de gallo.
I love ALL the toppings!
Toss to coat.
Then dig in!
CRAVING MORE RECIPES? GIVE THESE A TRY!
FRITO TACO SALAD
- 2 ears fresh corn
- 2 Romaine lettuce hearts, roughly chopped
- 1 16 oz can pinto beans (or black beans)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 can sliced olives, drained well
- 2 cups Fritos corn chips
- 1 cup catalina dressing, or French dressing
- sour cream
- pico de gallo
- In a large salad bowl, add chopped lettuce, beans, tomato, cheese, corn and olives.
- When ready to serve, add corn chips and dressing to salad.
- Serve with optional toppings: sour cream, guacamole and pico de gallo.
- Toss to coat.