This Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole is a must-have side dish on any holiday table! It’s easy, tasty and no oven is required!
AN EASY SLOW COOKER SIDE
What is a holiday dinner without Green Bean Casserole? I absolutely adore it and it is one of my highlights of the meal itself. But why take up more oven space? Make this Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole instead, all the same favorite flavors but cooked low and slow. We love to use our Crock Pot whenever we get the chance, especially when we need to make a lot of food at one time. So this Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole Recipe absolutely helps with that. Give it a try this year, you won’t be disappointed.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Some people like cheese in their Green Bean Casserole and some don’t. We like to use a mixture or parmesan and cheddar for ours. We also use freshly shredded as it melts better, but pre-shredded can also be used. You can play around with your cheese preferences but we have found that this combination works best!
Yes you can. I like to defrost them before adding them to the slow cooker, but adding them frozen will work too it will just add a short bit of time to cooking.
If you are not a fan of cream of mushroom soup you really can use any cream of soup that you’d like. Some others that we have used are cream of chicken soup, cream of celery, cream of potato etc. Feel free to use what you like best.
Yes! If you would rather bake this recipe in the oven and have the space, you can absolutely do that. Prepare casserole as directed but in a larger baking pan, about 9×13-inch and bake in your oven for about 35-40 minutes. Add the remaining french fried onions and bake for another 10 minutes until golden.
This can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator where it should keep for up to 2-3 days. You can reheat your leftovers in the microwave until heated through.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- cream of mushroom soup
- onion powder
- green beans
- parmesan cheese
- cheddar cheese
- french fried onions
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE:
In the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, milk, onion powder and ground pepper. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
Add in green beans, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and half of the french fried onions. Stir gently until well combined. Cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. When cooking time is complete, stir mixture well and add in the remaining french fried onions and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
After the additional 20-30 minutes is up, remove the dish from the slow cooker and serve immediately.
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES?
Crock Pot Green Bean Casserole
- In the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, milk, onion powder and ground pepper. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add in green beans, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and half of the french fried onions. Stir gently until well combined.
- Cook on low for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. When cooking time is complete, stir mixture well and add in the remaining french fried onions and cook for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- After the additional 20-30 minutes is up, remove the dish from the slow cooker and serve immediately.
- Other soups can be used instead of cream of mushroom, see my tips above.
- Freshly shredded/grated cheese works best. You can play around with your cheese preferences or omit completely.
- Frozen green beans will work, I suggest defrosting before using.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.