MOMMA’S SPANISH RICE
VIDEO INCLUDED BELOW:
WHAT DO I SERVE WITH SPANISH RICE?
lean ground beef
prepared white rice
salt & pepper
shredded cheddar cheese
HOW TO MAKE MOMMA’S SPANISH RICE:
Originally published: March 2011
Updated & Republished: April 2019
MOMMA'S SPANISH RICE
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- 4 cups white rice prepared
- In a large stock pot, add ground beef, green peppers and onion over medium high heat.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to mixture.
- Cook until ground beef is brown and crumbled and veggies are tender.
- Drain excess grease.
- Put ground beef mixture back into stock pot.
- Add prepared rice and can of tomato sauce.
- Stir until thoroughly combined and heated through.
- Taste and check for seasonings at this point.
- Turn off heat and add cheese (if using) until melted.
- Stir mixture to combine and serve.