I love to serve this rice with my Taco Bake!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- 4 cups white rice prepared
- In a large stock pot, add ground beef, green peppers and onion over medium high heat.
- Add a dash of salt and pepper to mixture.
- Cook until ground beef is brown and crumbled and veggies are tender.
- Drain excess grease.
- Put ground beef mixture back into stock pot.
- Add prepared rice and can of tomato sauce.
- Stir until thoroughly combined and heated through.
- Taste and check for seasonings at this point.
- Turn off heat and add cheese (if using) until melted.
- Stir mixture to combine and serve.
My Mom occasionally adds cheese to her rice to make it a bit more gooey and yummy. If you are using boil-in-the-bag rice, you will need 2 bags of rice for this recipe. 2 cups of dry rice will make 4 cups prepared. To reheat: put a cup or so of rice into a microwaveable-safe bowl. Sprinkle with about a tbsp. of water or chicken broth. Cover with paper towel and heat for about 1 minute. Stir to make sure it is evenly warmed through. Microwave for additional 20-30 seconds if necessary.