This post is sponsored by Price*s Pimiento Cheese Spread. As always, all opinions are my own.
Spanish Rice Stuffed Peppers
Crock Pot Stuffed Peppers
shredded cheese, for topping
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 lb lean ground beef (90/10)
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 10 oz can Rotel or tomato sauce
- 1 cup Price*s Southern Style pimiento cheese or shredded cheese
- 1 tsp dried minced onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- shredded cheese for topping
- In a large bowl combine, ground beef (uncooked), cooked rice, Rotel, Price*s Pimiento Cheese Spread, seasonings and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and remove the ribs and seeds.
- Add 1/4 cup water into the bottom of a 6-quart slow cooker. Place peppers into the bottom of the slow cooker (in a single layer.)
- Then begin stuffing them with the meat mixture. It may seem like all the meat won't fit into all the peppers but it will. Just keep packing down the meat mixture and spoon a little extra on the top.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours (or high for 4 hours) until meat is completely cooked.
- About 15 minutes before they are done cooking, add shredded cheese to the tops. Cover and let cheese melt.
Serve with a crisp, green salad! You really want to go with a leaner beef, turkey or pork for this recipe. Since we're not cooking the meat ahead of time, we don't want a lot of excess grease as it cooks down. If you find Rotel too spicy, try using a can of regular diced tomatoes. Or, if you like it a bit saucier, then use a can of tomato sauce instead of the tomatoes. Don't want to use pimiento cheese? Just substitute with one cup shredded cheddar cheese.
Pro Tip: This is a great use for that leftover white rice you get from your Chinese take out!