Add diced onions to the pot (you may need to add a bit more oil.) Season onions with a little salt & pepper.
Allow to come up to a boil, then cover and turn down the heat to medium and allow to simmer until the pasta has cooked (about 12-15 minutes.)
One Pot BBQ Chicken PastaPrint Pin Rate
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 2-3
- salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 cups rotini pasta uncooked
- 1 cup Sweet Baby Ray's Original Barbecue Sauce divided use
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or more, to taste)
- Heat a couple tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large pot or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt, pepper and a little bit of garlic powder.
- Place chicken breasts into pot and cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Then flip over and cook an additional 3-4 minutes (until cooked through.)
- Once you flip the chicken, spread about 2 tbsp. Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce onto each side.
- Cook for an additional two minutes.
- Take cooked chicken out of the pan and set aside.
- Add diced onions to the pot (you may need to add a bit more oil.) Season onions with a little salt & pepper.
- While the onions are cooking, chop up the chicken into 1-inch chunks.
- Stir garlic into the pot and cook for just a minute (you don't want it to burn.)
- Then add in the can of undrained diced tomatoes and chicken stock.
- Stir in uncooked rotini pasta and diced chicken.
- Allow to come up to a boil, then cover and turn down the heat to medium and allow to simmer until the pasta has cooked (about 12-15 minutes.)
- Lastly, add in 1/4 cup (or more, depending on your preference) of SBR Sauce and top with shredded cheddar cheese.