Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
I could – but do I have to?
Instant Pot recipes too
No gourmet food here
Chicken and Peppers
Then slice your onion into strips. Cut the onion in half then slice each half into half-moon strips.
Then top with chicken breasts.
Once cooked, remove chicken and shred using a couple of forks.
- 1 each red, yellow & green bell pepper seeded & sliced into strips
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 16 oz jar salsa
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Pour half of the salsa into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Top with half of the sliced peppers and sliced onions.
- Sprinkle on minced garlic.
- Then top with chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the tops of the chicken breasts with packet of fajita seasoning.
- Top chicken breasts with remaining salsa, peppers, onions.
- Squeeze lime juice over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (or high heat for 3-4 hours) until chicken is cooked through.
- There will be a lot of juice produced during cooking so you'll want to drain that out or use a ladle to remove it and discard.
- Once cooked, remove chicken and shred using a couple of forks.
- Pop the shredded chicken back into the crock pot, cover and switch it to the "warm setting" until ready to serve.
- Give it a taste, you may want to season with salt and pepper.
Set out tortillas, cheese, sour cream and salsa and let everyone help themselves!
Serve with Spanish Rice (you can make this without the ground beef)