Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
I could – but do I have to?
Instant Pot recipes too
No gourmet food here
Chicken and Peppers
Then slice your onion into strips. Cut the onion in half then slice each half into half-moon strips.
Then top with chicken breasts.
Squeeze lime juice over top.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (or high heat for 3-4 hours) until chicken is cooked through.
Once cooked, remove chicken and shred using a couple of forks.
Crock Pot Chicken FajitasPrint Pin Rate
- 1 each red, yellow & green bell pepper seeded & sliced into strips
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 16 oz jar salsa
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet fajita seasoning
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Pour half of the salsa into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Top with half of the sliced peppers and sliced onions.
- Sprinkle on minced garlic.
- Then top with chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle the tops of the chicken breasts with packet of fajita seasoning.
- Top chicken breasts with remaining salsa, peppers, onions.
- Squeeze lime juice over top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours (or high heat for 3-4 hours) until chicken is cooked through.
- There will be a lot of juice produced during cooking so you'll want to drain that out or use a ladle to remove it and discard.
- Once cooked, remove chicken and shred using a couple of forks.
- Pop the shredded chicken back into the crock pot, cover and switch it to the "warm setting" until ready to serve.
- Give it a taste, you may want to season with salt and pepper.
Serve with Spanish Rice (you can make this without the ground beef)