Make Chinese restaurant-style fried rice at home! It whips up in minutes. Chicken, shrimp or pork can be added to make it a filling meal!
EASY VEGETABLE FRIED RICE
This is my favorite way to make fried rice. It is so much easier to make than you might thing and it's a great way to use up any leftover rice you may have. It's very easy to customize. Any veggies you love can be added. Broccoli and mushrooms are both good additions to this recipe.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE:
- Brown rice can be substituted for white rice.
- Try adding cooked, diced ham, chicken, beef or shrimp to make it a more filling meal.
- Try adding a smidgen of fish sauce for even more flavor!
- This is absolutely delicious served with my GROUND ORANGE CHICKEN RECIPE.
4 tbsp. canola oil
3 eggs, beaten
½ onion, diced
5 cups cooked rice
2 cups frozen peas & carrots, slightly thawed
4 tbsp. soy sauce
¼ tsp. white pepper
salt (if needed, to taste)
1 bunch sliced green onions (optional)
HOW TO MAKE DELICIOUS FRIED RICE:
In a small bowl, crack your eggs, and with a fork or a whisk, beat the eggs until they are combined. In a wok or a large skillet (with high sides), over high heat, add 2 tbsp. oil and coat the bottom of the pan.
CRAVING MORE? GIVE THESE RECIPES A TRY!
BAKED TERIYAKI SALMON
POTATO & HAM FRIED RICE
KUNG PAU CAULIFLOWER
KOREAN BEEF BULGOGI RICE & NOODLE BOWL
HONEY GARLIC GLAZED CHICKEN
ONE-PAN TACO RICE DINNER
NO-FUSS VEGETABLE STIR FRY
EASY ONE-POT ENCHILADA RICE
MY MOMMA'S SPANISH RICE
EASY VEGETABLE FRIED RICE
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 3 eggs beaten
- ½ onion diced
- 5 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups frozen peas and carrots slightly thawed
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- salt if needed (to taste)
- 1 bunch sliced green onions optional
- In a wok or a large skillet (with high sides), over high heat, add 2 tbsp. oil and coat the bottom of the pan. When the oil begins to shimmer, that means it's ready.
- In a small bowl, crack eggs, and with a fork or a whisk, beat the eggs until they are combined. Add in the beaten eggs. You will notice they will puff up. Don't mess with them a lot here. We're not scrambling them, we want fried egg pieces in our fried rice.
- Once eggs are cooked, put them on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Add in 2 more tbsp. of oil to your pan. And begin cooking the diced onions. Cook the onions until they are translucent.
- Season onions with white pepper. Once onions are finished, turn the heat down to medium.
- Add in 5 cups cooked rice. Stir it around well, combining it with the cooked onions.
- Then add in the peas and carrots. Stir the mixture well.
- Add in 4 tbsp. soy sauce. Give it all a good stir again. Make sure the mixture is evenly heated and do a taste test. Make sure the veggies are up to temperature and the rice is warmed up nicely and that you have enough seasoning.
- Add in any additional salt, pepper or soy sauce that you feel is necessary. Then add cooked eggs back in.
- Give it another good stir. Serve topped with sliced green onions (optional)
Originally published: October 2012
Updated & republished: May 2020