A quick and easy recipe, this Blender Salsa is absolutely delicious and done in 5 minutes! The perfect appetizer or snack!
A QUICK EASY SALSA RECIPE
What would life be like without chips and salsa? That is my favorite part about going out to eat at a Mexican restaurant. Nothing beats those homemade tortilla chips and salsa. Well now you can make your own super easy and oh-so-tasty Blender Salsa at home! This recipe only takes 5 minutes from start to finish and it serves a crowd. Everyone should have a go-to salsa recipe and this Blender Salsa is it!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
If you don't have a blender the next best option would be to use a food processor. Or you can use an immersion blender. Just make sure that everything is blended well and smooth.
I use canned peeled whole tomatoes for this recipe. I have found those Mae for the best salsa. Make sure that you do use the juice from the can as it is required to get the right consistency.
This has a kick from the jalapeño and the chipotle in adobo. If you prefer less heat, you can leave out the chipotle and use half the amount of jalapeño. Note: the spiciness comes from the seeds in the jalapeño. When you remove those, you remove most of the heat.
You can store this in an airtight container in the refrigerator where it will keep for up to 5 days. Salsa can also be frozen. Place in a freezer-safe container and it will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. To defrost, place in the refrigerator overnight.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- peeled tomatoes, with their juice
- sweet onion
- chipotle in adobo, optional
- lime juice
- ground cumin
- granulated sugar
- kosher salt
HOW TO MAKE BLENDER SALSA:
Place the tomatoes, cilantro, onion, jalapeno, garlic, chipotle, lime juice, cumin, sugar, and salt into a blender or food processor.
Blend until smooth or to your desired chunkiness. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
Place into an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour to let the flavors combine. This really makes a difference!
WANT MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES? YOU MUST TRY THESE!
- 28 ounce can peeled tomatoes (with their juice)
- ½ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- 1 small sweet onion, rough chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeds removed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 chipotle in adobo (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Place the tomatoes, cilantro, onion, jalapeno, garlic, chipotle, lime juice, cumin, sugar, and salt into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth or to your desired chunkiness. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Place into an airtight container and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour to let the flavors combine. This really makes a difference!
- Make sure that you use the juice from the tomatoes.
- The chipotle in adobo and jalapeno can be omitted to have a milder salsa.
- Halve or double this recipe.
- This can be frozen, see my tips above.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.