One Pan Taco Rice Dinner recipe is a whole meal in one. Ground beef, taco seasoning, salsa, rice and cheese. A family favorite meal!
AN ENTIRE MEAL IN ONE PAN
If there is one item I always tell new cooks to keep in their pantry - is rice. Especially quick-cooking rice like Minute Rice. It can be pulled out and added or mixed with so many other meals and it's doggone easy to get creative with. It beefs up meal time to make it more filling and you can add just about any flavor to it. Note: brown rice is totally acceptable in this recipe.
WHAT DO YOU SERVE WITH TACO RICE?
I love my MOM'S SPANISH RICE, so I figured, why not a taco version? And let me tell you, this turned out crazy good! It also made for awesome leftovers. I topped it with lettuce and tomato and later added a dollop of sour cream but that's not necessary to make this taste outstanding. This would make a great filling for burritos too and it can be made meatless! You could also substitute with ground pork or turkey if you prefer. Or serve it as a side to my favorite LAYERED TACO BAKE or MEXICAN LASAGNA!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- ground beef
- taco seasoning
- Minute Rice
- shredded cheddar cheese
HOW TO MAKE TACO RICE:
In a large skillet, brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess grease.
Add in taco seasoning and water.
Stir well and allow mixture to come to a boil.
Turn down heat, then add in uncooked Minute Rice and stir.
Cover and cook for about 5 minutes (until rice is tender.)
Then remove lid and stir in salsa and cheese.
Turn off heat and it's ready to serve.
CRAVING MORE RECIPE IDEAS? YOU GOTTA CHECK THESE OUT!
One Pan Taco Rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups Minute Rice uncooked
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble ground beef. Drain excess grease.
- Add in taco seasoning and water. Stir well and allow mixture to come to a boil.
- Turn down heat, then add in uncooked Minute Rice and stir.
- Cover and cook for about 5 minutes (until rice is tender.) Then remove lid and stir in salsa and cheese.
- Turn off the heat and it's ready to serve!
- Serve with diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce and sour cream.
Originally published: November 2015
Updated & republished: June 2019