This recipe for Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy is a family favorite. Chicken, gravy mix, cream of chicken, sour cream and seasoning. Delicious and creamy!
AN EASY FAMILY-FAVORITE DINNER RECIPE
This slow cooker meal is one of my favorites because it is one of those meals where you pretty much just pop all the ingredients in the crock pot, put the lid on, set it and go. It’s also one of those meals my whole family likes and it doesn’t take a lot of ingredients. This is definitely up there in favorites along with my Crock Pot Pork Chops and Gravy!
WHAT DO I SERVE WITH CROCK POT CHICKEN & GRAVY?
My favorite way to serve this is over rice but we really like it with my Million Dollar Mashed Potatoes or some Honey Glazed Sweet Potatoes and some Butter Swim Biscuits. Either way, it is scrumptious!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (SEE RECIPE CARD BELOW FOR THE FULL RECIPE)
- chicken gravy mix
- cream of chicken soup
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- garlic powder, salt and black pepper
- sour cream
- rice, mashed potatoes or noodles, for serving
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT CHICKEN AND GRAVY:
Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, black pepper and just a tad bit of salt on both sides. Note: the chicken gravy and cream of chicken soup already have salt in them so don’t go overboard on seasoning with salt (about a teaspoon should work.)
In your slow cooker, whisk together the gravy packets, cream of chicken soup, and water. I just whisk until it is mostly smooth.
Add the seasoned chicken breasts.
Be sure to get them covered in gravy.
Cover and cook on low for about 6-8 hours. Once cooked, break chicken up into chunks using a fork.
Stir in sour cream. Serve over rice, mashed potatoes or noodles.
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy (+Video)
- Season both sides of 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt, black pepper.
- In your slow cooker, whisk together 2 packets chicken gravy mix, 10.5 ounce can cream of chicken soup and 2 cups water until smooth.
- Add the seasoned chicken breasts. Be sure to get them covered in gravy.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6-8 hours.
- Once cooked, break chicken up into chunks using a fork.
- Stir in 1/2 cup sour cream. Serve over rice or mashed potatoes and top with sliced green onions(optional)
- The chicken gravy and cream of chicken soup already have salt in them so don’t go overboard on seasoning with salt (about a teaspoon should work).
- Sour cream adds a great creaminess to this so I definitely recommend adding it in! Plain Greek yogurt can be substituted for the sour cream.
- Serve over rice, mashed potatoes or noodles.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.
Originally published: May 2014
Updated & Republished: May 2019