Crock Pot Sloppy Joes
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 slices Kraft Singles
- 8 Hamburger Buns toasted
- In a large pan, brown ground beef with chopped onion.
- Crumble and cook until no longer pink.
- Drain excess grease.
- Put ground beef mixture into your slow cooker.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients (except hamburger buns and cheese)
- Give it all a good stir.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4-6 hours.
- When ready to serve, toast your hamburger buns.
- Place filling on buns.
- Add a slice of cheese to each.
To make this on the stove top, brown ground beef and onion in a large pot. Drain excess grease and return beef mixture to pot. Stir in the rest of the ingredients (omit the flour). Bring mixture to a boil (over medium high heat) Cover, reduce heat to medium low and allow it to simmer for about 30 minutes.
To Toast Buns- put a dab of butter in a cast iron skillet. Put the heat on medium.
Then put in the buns and toast until golden brown.