These Crock Pot Baked Beans are so easy to make and serve! Pork and Beans combined with brown sugar, mustard, BBQ sauce, onion and bacon.
A DELICIOUS AND EASY BAKED BEAN RECIPE
We are huge baked bean lovers in my family. Whenever we grill out in the summer, we almost always have beans as a side. Now, I have a pretty fantastic (if I do say so myself) recipe for CLASSIC SOUTHERN BAKED BEANS. It is my favorite bean recipe to use. But I got quite a few emails from folks who like that recipe but wanted something that was a bit easier to make and maybe didn't involve so many ingredients.
If you have the time, and don't mind turning on your oven, I really suggest that recipe. The flavor is amazing and the sauce cooks down slowly in the oven, really giving those beans outstanding taste. But I also understand keeping things easy and having a recipe that doesn't involve turning on the oven in the summer. So, this recipe was created. Just a few ingredients, and it is made in the crock pot! That makes these beans perfect to take along to a BBQ but also doesn't heat up your house.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED: (FULL RECIPE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST)
- pork and beans
- diced onion
- barbecue sauce
- brown sugar (light or dark)
- yellow mustard
- cooked bacon
Note: The barbecue sauce is really adding the most flavor to these beans. So use one that you know you love. If you want a smokier tasting bean, then try using a hickory barbecue sauce. Also, for more molasses flavor (which I enjoy) try using a dark brown sugar. For this picture, I only had the light brown on hand.
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT BAKED BEANS:
Mix all ingredients (except for bacon) in a 4-6 quart slow cooker. Pork and beans, diced onion, brown sugar,
That little bit of mustard is nothing you can actually taste but provides a depth of flavor.
Give it all a good stir.
Cover and cook on low for 3-5 hours.
Stir the beans gently a couple of times during cooking.
Right before serving, stir in cooked bacon (if using).
CRAVING MORE RECIPES?
Crock Pot Baked Beans
- 3 (28 ounce) cans pork and beans
- ½ cup diced onion
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar, light or dark
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- ½ pound bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Mix all ingredients (except for bacon) in a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Give the mixture a good stir.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-5 hours.
- Stir the beans gently a couple of times during cooking.
- Right before serving, stir in cooked bacon (if using).
- The barbecue sauce is really adding the most flavor to these beans. So use one that you know you love. If you want a smokier tasting bean, then try using a hickory barbecue sauce.
“The Country Cook” is not a dietician or nutritionist, and any nutritional information shared is an estimate. If calorie count and other nutritional values are important to you, we recommend running the ingredients through whichever online nutritional calculator you prefer. Calories can vary quite a bit depending on which brands were used.